TEAS Testing Information
ATI, the company that offers the TEAS test at OCC, is using Version 5, and you should look for study guides that reference this version. The TEAS test must be taken at OCC. We will not accept TEAS tests from other testing facilities.
To improve your chances of success on this test, take your general education courses first. The TEAS test
consists of reading, math, science, and English. If you wish, take the review class.
- Students must take and pass the TEAS test in order to receive a date of completion from Admissions.
- It is recommended that students take the TEAS test when they are finished with their general education requirements.
- Students must pass at a "Proficient" (minimum score of 58.7) or "Above Proficient" level.
- Students can take the TEAS test a maximum of three (3) times: Initial test - first time; retest 1 which students are required to enroll in and complete the TEAS prep course prior to taking retest 1; retest 2 which requires a mandatory 6 week waiting period prior to taking retest 2.
- There is a mandatory 2 year waiting period for students to test again if they fail three times. This includes testing which may have occurred at other testing sites for all program types.
- We will only accept TEAS scores taken at OCC. Students cannot transfer in TEAS scores from other testing facilities.
- Passing score is based on the student proficiency score. The score is set by the School of Nursing and can be changed without notification.
Students need to call and make appointments for TEAS with the Testing Center. The Testing Center will offer TEAS tests on Wednesdays at 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.and on Fridays at 8:30 a.m. to Noon. Please call at 732-255-0400 and ask for the Testing Center.