Course Schedule | Academic Calendar | Registration Calendar
Spring registration began on November 15, 2012 for all students.
Register early for the best selection of courses and sections.
- Spring semester begins on January 23, 2013.
- View the schedule of courses on Ocean Cruiser.
- Many of our courses are held at off campus sites. Be sure to check the location of the course. Use INET to search for online courses, designated with section code DL. For more information visit the E-learning page.
- View course descriptions in the college catalog.
What kind of student are you?
- Currently attending Ocean County College student
- Planning and Registration Guidelines for Current Students.
- New Student
- New students must complete an application for admission and register during a scheduled Orientation. http://www.ocean.edu/campus/student_services/advising/orientation.htm New students will be contacted regarding scheduling an orientation date, during which they will register for classes. Part time new students can register themselves, in the Registration and Records Office. Part time students do not require advising, but it is available if the student wishes, in the Advising Office.
- E-learning Student
- Students who wish to pursue their complete degree online at Ocean County College can get started by contacting an admissions rep at 877-464-2154 or submitting our Request Information Form:
Non Degree student living out of the area
Students currently attending another college or university
- Students currently attending Ocean County College courses can often register online, using Ocean Cruiser.
Restrictions to online registration http://www.ocean.edu/admissions/webadvisor_restricted_students.htm
If you are not currently attending, and are not in the Ocean County area at this time, it is possible for a part time student to register for a course by submitting the Application for Admission and the Visiting and Non-Degree Registration Form.
Registration requests can not be processed before November 14, 2012.
- Application for Admission
- Print the Visiting and Non-Degree Registration Form
Fax the completed
Visiting and Non-Degree Registration form to the Registration and Records Office at 732.864.3849
If the course(s) for which you are registering has a prerequisite you will also need to fax either a copy of your current student ID or an unofficial copy of a previous college or university transcript showing successful completion of the prerequisite.
All fields on these forms are required information. Forms with missing information will not be processed. You must sign the registration form. You will be contacted to confirm we have received and acted upon your request.
Review course descriptions and prerequisite information of courses: (http://catalog.ocean.edu/AllCourses.aspx). Use Ocean Cruiser to be certain of the exact course/section you want, and to be certain whether or not that course/section still has availability.
ATTN: Course Registration
If someone else will be registering you in the Registration and Records Office, provide that person with a signed letter authorizing them to register on your behalf. Include the specific course(s). This person may be required to show identification.
*** You can request that Ocean County College send your transcript to your school using the transcript request form. http://www.ocean.edu/admissions/transcript_request.pdf
- Jump Start student
- High school Jump Start students must re-submit the OCC Admissions “green” form and register in person every semester.
- Special registration groups
- Unemployed, silver edge and certain volunteer programs must wait until January 22, 2013 to register in person.
Once the semester begins, there will be a brief Drop/Add period, when you may adjust your schedule, with appropriate permission. Be very careful to note the refund dates printed on your bill/schedule. Also, note no registration of any kind can or will be accepted after the 50% refund period ends on the Attendance Census Date for each session.
Courses must be dropped before the semester begins to be relieved of the financial obligation. Students living in the area can complete a drop form in the Registration and Records Office. Students living out of the area can fax a letter requesting they be dropped from their specific courses to the Registration and Records Office. This letter must be signed by the student and include the student’s id number, address, telephone number, and email address; term, course number, section, course title, of all courses which you would like to be dropped from.
Withdrawing from Courses
Students may withdraw from their classes during the semester. An official Add/Drop form must be submitted to the Registration and Records Office. Before the attendance census date students do not need a signature from the instructor on the Add/Drop form to withdraw from their classes. After the attendance census date students are required to obtain the signature from the instructor to withdraw from their class. Students are unable to withdraw from courses after the Withdrawal Deadline. Students who withdraw after the attendance census date are still financially responsible to the college for all tuition and fees subject to the applicable refund percentage. Failing to attend class will not relieve you of your financial responsibility, even if you have not paid your bill.
Payment is due at registration and can be made by cash, check, OR credit card.
Students who do not pay their tuition bills may be dropped for non-payment.
Currently attending students who registered through their Ocean Cruiser account can pay online.
To pay by phone or ask questions about payment contact us at 732.255.0324.
Questions about registration can be directed to us at 732.255.0304.
Questions about payment can be directed to us at 732.255.0324.