We are pleased to learn of your interest in Ocean County College. Since many individuals desire to enroll, we urge you to have the application form completed and submitted online at the earliest possible date.
Applicants with specific questions should contact the Registration and Records Office at 732.255.0304
Office of Registration and Records
Ocean County College
PO Box 2001
Toms River, NJ 08754-2001
The Registration and Records Office hours are:
All Applicants, Degree and Non-degree, must:
- Complete and submit the Application for Admission.
- Submit official transcript(s) from secondary school showing subjects completed and grades earned,
State General Education Diploma (GED) submitted as evidence of high school graduation,
if you do not have a school diploma or GED, proof of 18 years of age is required.
- Take the College Placement Test:
- Prior to full or part-time degree enrollment
- Prior to your 12th credit, and
- Before taking English or Mathematics courses.
The test is for placement purposes only. As soon as you receive your letter of college acceptance, please make an appointment with the College Testing Center at 732.255.0420. This is important since you cannot register for classes until the test results have been received.
Degree Applicants must also:
- Request high school guidance counselor to mail your TRANSCRIPT directly to the Admissions and Records office. If transferring credits from another college, COLLEGE TRANSCRIPT(s) must also be submitted.
- Applicants for the Nursing Program are required to take the American College Test (ACT) OR the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) examination. (This requirement is waived for any student with a Bachelor's Degree, or any student who has completed all Nursing General Education courses with a minimum cumulative college GPA of 2.7.) Those applicants seeking Early Admission or the Honors Program are required to take either the ACT or the SAT. Registration packets for either test battery are available in a high school guidance office.
Advisement services are available if you require additional information to plan your college program. After you have received a letter of acceptance and your Basic Skills results, visit or call the Academic Advising Office at 732.255.0300 for additional information. Questions regarding Admissions can be answered by telephone at 732.255.0304.