Ocean County College's 47th Annual Commencement Ceremony took place on Thursday, May 22, 2014 at 6:00 pm at the Pine Belt Arena, Toms River
View Commencement Ceremony photos on our facebook page.
Applying for Graduation
- Students must apply for graduation (PDF) in order to receive a degree at OCC. This form must be brought to the Cashier's Office with the graduation fee.
- Students should apply one semester prior to their final semester at OCC.
- Graduation Audits take approximately 4 - 6 weeks to process. If students turn in their application early, their audit will be completed in time to make adjustments for the final semester, if needed.
The deadlines to apply for graduation are:
- November 1 for Fall graduation
- March 1 for Spring graduation
- July 1 for Summer graduation
*If the deadline date falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline date will be the next business day.
Graduation applications must be returned, in person, to the Cashiers Office with your graduation fee payment of $25.00. Students who plan to participate in the commencement ceremony can place their cap and gown orders online through the College Bookstore website where they can be purchased for $49.99. Students should bring their paperwork from the Cashier's Office, along with a copy of their online order confirmation, to the bookstore where the gowns and caps can be picked up.
Diplomas are not distributed at the Commencement Ceremony. Students can pick up their diplomas in the Office of Registration and Records. You will be asked for identification when you pick up your diploma.
Diploma pick up dates are:
- Fall completion - starting February 10, 2014 - (Please note, this date was recently changed).
- Spring completion - starting June 16, 2014
- Summer completion – starting September 15, 2014
Students who live out of the area can submit a request for their diplomas to be mailed by completing the Permission to Mail Diploma Form (PDF).
A fee of $10.00 to cover the cost of printing and lettering is charged to students receiving certificates.
If you are transferring to another school, and need your transcripts to reflect your status as a graduate, please note this information will not automatically appear on a transcript until approximately one week after the graduation date. When completing your transcript request form (PDF), be sure to check the box indicating "hold for recording of degree" if you wish transcripts to include your status as a graduate.
Ocean County College’s 47th Annual Commencement Ceremony, 47th Annual Awards Ceremony, and Nurses’ Pinning Ceremony will be televised on Ocean TV 20 as broadcast on Comcast of Toms River and Long Beach Island Channel 20, and Verizon FiOS of Northern Ocean County Channel 24.
- The Nurses’ Pinning Ceremony will be broadcast LIVE on Tuesday, May 20 at 7:00 p.m., with repeat broadcasts on Wednesday, May 21 at 9:00 p.m., and Sunday, May 25 at 6:00 p.m.
- The 47th Annual Awards Ceremony will be broadcast LIVE on Wednesday, May 21 at 7:00 p.m., with repeat broadcasts on Thursday, May 22 at 8:00 p.m., and Sunday, May 25 at 4:00 p.m.
- The 47th Annual Commencement Ceremony will be broadcast LIVE on Thursday, May 22 at 6:00 p.m., with repeat broadcasts on Friday, May 23 at 8:00 p.m., and Sunday, May 25 at 8:00 p.m.