Ocean County College’s grant funded Adults Back@College Program (AB@C) offers assistance to adult learners who previously attended OCC and left before completing their degree. AB@C provides support to adults who are managing school with other life responsibilities. The goal of the AB@C program is to help adult students achieve their educational goals.
Program Benefits Include
- Connection to specialized program staff to help with academic and transfer planning
- Assistance with book purchases and educational supplies
- Free career and personal counseling
- Early registration
- Seminars on Student Success
- Returning Students Club
- Financial assistance for book purchases, depending on availability and eligibility
- Students need to complete an application and go through the eligibility process to join AB@C
- Adults, age 20 & above, who have left OCC within the past 5 years and
- Who completed at least 50% of the credits towards a degree (excluding developmental courses) and
- Are in good academic standing (GPA above 2.0) and
- Have no financial obligations to OCC.
Program participants agree to:
- Meet with Program staff at least once every semester to review academic progress
and academic plans
- Contact Program staff when something is interfering with their academic success
- Seek out tutoring services as needed
- Notify Program staff when they are considering dropping or changing a course
- Take advantage of student success seminars as schedules permit
Websites to Research
For More Information...
Contact Eunice Pschorr, Program Coordinator, at 732.255.0400 ext. 2459 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Adults Back @ College Program is located in the Counseling and Career Services office, ground floor, Administration Building.