For more information
- Small Sailing Program Challenges Larger Colleges
- On July 26, 1871, the Toms River Yacht Club sponsored its first regatta.
- Since that time the growth of competitive sailing in the area has been remarkable.
- Many Olympians and America’s Cup sailors sailed in Toms River.
- Several collegiate All-Americans have sailed on Barnegat Bay, and have developed their skills in local junior sailing programs.
- Numerous sailors have said the Toms River waters and the Barnegat Bay offer some of the most optimum small boat sailing conditions.
- The OCC program began in 2002 with six sailors and no boats
- The OCC program now has:
- Over twenty sailors each semester
- Nineteen 420’s dinghies
- The 28 foot A Cat Tamwock
- An Ensign keel boat named Tamwocc
- A 16 foot Sandpiper cat boat named Coyle
- Two 17 Zodiac rescue boats
about the Sailing
Program at Ocean County College, contact Roy
, Sailing Program Manager, at 732.255.0348.