Ocean County College seeks to provide an environment free from harassment and discrimination.
Students are encouraged to report any incidents of discrimination, harassment, sexual violence and bullying which cause physical or emotional harm, or create a hostile environment which interferes with their education.
This activity can include any gesture, written, verbal or physical act or electronic communication, whether a single incident or a series of incidents, which you perceive motivated by race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or a mental, physical or sensory disability which substantially disrupts or interferes with the operation on the College or the right of a student.
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 states: “No one person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied benefit of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving federal financial assistance.”
For More Information
For more information and assistance click on the appropriate sidebar tabs.
National Domestic Violence 24 hour Hotline: 1.800.799.7233: Established by the Violence Against Women Act, the National Domestic Violence Hotline provides twenty-four hour support for people facing domestic violence.
- Office on Violence Against Women: Established by the Violence Against Women act, the Office on Violence Against Women is designed to reduce violence against women and strengthen resources for all survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence and stalking.
- Stalking Resource Center: Part of the National Center for Victims of Crime, the Stalking Resource Center provides assistance and guidance for those impacted by stalking.
- NotAlone.gov: This government-sponsored Website contains resources on responding to and preventing sexual assault in schools.
- Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network (RAINN): This nonprofit organization has a twenty-four-hour, hotline for anonymous support for people dealing with sexual assault and their friends and families.
- The National Suicide Prevention Hotline: This nonprofit organization has a twenty-four-hour, toll-free confidential suicide prevention hotline.
- Love Is Respect: Offers information on how to recognize dating violence and seek help.
- Pandora's Project: Information about working with LGBTQIA and gender-nonconforming students and same-sex sexual violence.
- Child Welfare Information Gateway: For information on local state laws regarding mandatory reporting and confidentiality.
- Men Can Stop Rape: Redefining male strength as part of preventing men's violence against women.
- Violence Against Women - It's a Men's Issue: A prominent TED talk by Jackson Katz, Ph.D.
- White Ribbon: Asks men to pledge to never commit, condone or remain silent about violence against women and girls.