Certified Home Health Aides are in great demand in the workforce.
Successful completion of this program will offer many excellent employment opportunities. If you are compassionate and want to help people live longer better lives, this course will give you the necessary training to fulfill those desires.
- The course provides skill training needed to effectively provide home and hospice care.
- Students will learn to care for ill and disabled individuals in their homes and as private care assistants in a facility.
The 76-hour course is approved by the New Jersey Board of Nursing.
- 100% attendance (Missed classes must be made up and may have an additional cost)
- 60 hours of classroom instruction
- 16 hours of clinical laboratory instruction
- Fingerprinting and a criminal background check
- Purchasing Providing Home Care Text and Workbook (approx. $60)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student is eligible to apply for registration and certification from the NJ Board of Nursing. Failure to bring the required documents may result in unsuccessful completion of the course. Hours may vary on clinical assignment. The cost of certification with the state is an additional $80. It is not included in tuition cost.
Prerequisites: Students are required to bring a copy of the following records on the second day of class.
- English language proficiency
- High School diploma or GED
- Physical exam and documentation of immunizations including Rubella and Rubeola
- 2 Step PPD Physical must be completed by the second day of class.
Course Code: CEHS-340
Location: 192 Jack Martin Blvd Suite B4, Brick, NJ
Instructor: Preferred Home Health Care