PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN/ASSISTANT CERTIFICATE
Doctors, nurses, and other healthcare
professionals rely on Patient Care
Technicians/Assistants to assist with the
critical day-to-day care that patients require.
The PCT/PCA provides hands-on assistance to care for the patient's basic needs while working alongside other healthcare professionals.
Students will learn:
- Direct Patient Care
- Vital Signs
Clinical sites provide the opportunity to practice all activities under the supervision of hospital staff.
Upon successful completion of the program, students are eligible to sit for the Patient Care Technician Certification (NHA).
- Badge Holder
- OCC Lanyard
- Clear Criminal Background Check
- Medical Evaluation Prior to Clinical Participation
- Signed Risk and Responsibility Health Insurance Waiver
- Vaccination Requirements Prior to Participation
- 90% Didactic/100% Clinical Attendance
Professional liability and student accident insurance must be purchased after Class #1. This is an additional fee of approximately $50, which is not included in the cost of tuition.
CEUs: 24.4 Cost: $2999 Course Code: CEHS-313-01 Sessions: 55