Veterinary Assistants are in great demand in the workforce. Employment of veterinary assistants is projected to grow 19 percent from 2016 to 2026, much faster than the average for all occupations. Learn more.
Veterinary Assistants are an integral part of the veterinary healthcare team, working under the direct supervision of a veterinarian or credentialed veterinary technician.
Through classroom and clinical instruction, students receive training in order to provide assistance in the following:
- Animal Nursing
- Behavior and Restraint
- Client Relations and Office Procedures
- Emergency Response
- Laboratory Procedures
- Preventative Healthcare
- Surgical and Recovery Room Assistance
- Email and Internet Access
- Medical/Physical Exam
- Student Health & Insurance Waiver
- Tetanus Shot
- Professional liability and student accident insurance must be purchased after Class #1.
Successful graduates will receive an Ocean County College Certificate of Completion and will be eligible to sit for the National Approved Veterinary Assistant Exam. (The NAVTA exam fee is $100.)
Course Code: CEHS-416
Sessions: 20/Saturday & Sunday