This program prepares students for transfer to baccalaureate programs in dance, music, theatre performance, and theatre production. Students may select courses within the one of the categories listed or from among the various categories based on their interests and transfer needs.
- History General Education (6 credits): Courses satisfying this requirement must be taken from the list of Approved General Education History courses (course type: GHIS). Selection should be based upon the requirements of the four-year institution.
- DIVERSITY (3 credits): Take one (1) Diversity course selected from the list of Approved General Education Diversity courses (course type GDIV).
- Humanities Gen Ed (9 credits): Courses satisfying this requirement must be taken from the list of Approved General Education Humanities courses (course type: GHUM).
- Social Science Gen Ed (6 credits): Courses satisfying this general education requirement must be taken from the list of Approved Social Science General Education courses (course type: GSOC).
- MATHEMATICS - SCIENCE - TECHNOLOGY (12 credits): Students must select one math course (course type: GMAT), one lab science course (course type: GSCL) and one technology course (course type: GTEC) and complete the 12 credit requirement with any additional math or science course from the list of Approved General Education Courses. Students may attempt to "test out" of the technology requirement. If successful, student must take an additional course(s) in math or science from the List of Approved General Education Courses.
- Performing Arts Categories: Students may choose from the extensive range of course offerings within dance (DANC), music (MUSC), and theatre (THTR), without being restricted to one category, based on personal interest and/or transfer need. COMM-192 Voice and Diction, and ENGL-212 Introduction to Drama can also be taken to fulfill this requirement.
For more information contact Paul Chalakani at email@example.com or 732-255-0400 Ext. 2993.