The certificate of completion for teacher aides includes courses specific to the field, with a limited number of general education courses. It is designed for students who wish to become teacher aides and for aides already employed within school systems. All courses may be credited toward the associate degree for students wishing to earn an Associate in Science degree in general education. Students completing the A.S. degree could substitute teach and transfer to a four-year college. Students seeking admission must meet all college requirements.
- EDUC175 Introduction to Teaching (3 cr)
- EDUC178 Introduction to the Education of Exceptional Students (3 cr)
- ENGL151 English I (3 cr)
- MATH151 A Survey of Mathematics (3 cr)
- PSYC172 General Psychology (3 cr)
- PSYC173 Child Psychology (3 cr)
1 of the following 2 Lang Arts/Comp Lit courses is required:
For more information contact Jane MacDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org or 732-255-0400 Ext. 8478.