The Personal Training certificate program prepares students for employment in the fitness industry. Students seeking employment will also become eligible to apply for National Council on Strength and Fitness Personal Training certification. Students may apply credits earned in the certificate program toward an associate degree.
- BIOL 130 Human Anatomy and Physiology I (4 credits)
- ENGL 151 English I (3 credits)
- HEHP 160 First Aid/CPR/AED for the Workplace, Schools and the Community (3 credits)
- HEHP 188 Introduction to Nutrition (3 credits)
- HEHP 228 Care and Prevention of Athletic Injuries (3 credits)
- HEHP 239 Strength and Conditioning Physiology (3 credits)
- HEHP 252 Nutrition for Fitness and Sport (3 credits)
- HEHP 266 Exercise and Health Counseling (3 credits)
- HEHP 267 Sports Management (3 credits)
- PSYC 172 General Psychology (3 credits)
1 of the following 2 Health courses is required:
For more information, contact Michael Klecan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 732-255-0400 Ext. 2120.