Am I in the correct major?
Your major at OCC puts you on a path for transfer and an eventual career. Students should ask themselves the following questions:
- Is my major right for me?
- Is my major putting me on the right career path?
- Should I be considering other majors?
Tools for Major Exploration
OCC students have access to the online resource What Can I Do With That Major? You can use this tool, to select majors and explore common career areas associated with those majors. You can also research strategies designed to maximize career opportunities.
If you are interested in changing your major, you can also utilize the What-If? function on Student Planning. To use this function:
- Log in to your Ocean Connect account
- Go to “My Progress” on Student Planning
- Click the “View a New Program” tab
- Select a major
- Review the requirements for the degree program
- See how your credits fit into another degree program