Successful transfer from Ocean County College requires careful planning.
The Academic Advising staff can help you:
- Access information on two- and four-year colleges/universities
- Plan your course of study to parallel the first two years at the four-year institution where you plan to transfer
Students interested in transferring should meet with an advisor early in their career with OCC.
Upcoming College Visits - 2016
- Wilmington University - January 28th, March 14th, April 20th & May 11th from 10am-2pm in the Bartlett Lobby (Bldg #2)
> On February 17th, in the Library Lobby (Bldg #3)
- Rider University - February 17th from 10am - 1pm in the Russell 1st Floor Lobby (Bldg #7)
- Rowan University - February 17th from 10am-2pm in the Bartlett Lobby (Bldg #2)
- Penn State University - Harrisburg - February 23rd, 10am-2pm in the Bartlett Lobby (Bldg #2)
- Kean University Online Programs: March 1st, 12pm-2pm in the Bartlett Lobby (Bldg #2)
- Centenary College - March 7th & April 21st, 10am-2pm in the Bartlett Lobby (Bldg #2)
- St. John's University - March 8th, 15th & 17th, from 10am-2pm in the Bartlett Lobby (Bldg #2)
- Coastal Carolina University - South Carolina, March 10th, 10am-2pm in the Bartlett Lobby (Bldg #2) - See attached flyer.
- University of New Haven - March 28th, 10am - 2pm in the Bartlett Lobby (Bldg #2)
- Valley Forge - Online Programs: Jan. 26th, Feb. 9th & 22nd, March 3rd & 18th and April 5th & 18th from 11am - 1pm in the Bartlett Lobby (Bldg #2)
- Villanova School of Nursing - March 31st from 10am-2pm in the HIER lobby (Bldg #27)
Instant Decision Days - 2016
Meet with representatives from the colleges/universities listed below in the Academic Advising Center, Administration Building (#1) in Room #112. Click here to view our flyer for more detailed information.
- NJIT - Friday, February 12
- William Paterson Univ - Thursday, February 18
- Seton Hall University - Friday, February 19
- Rowan University - Thursday, February 25
- Stockton University - Friday, February 26
- Montclair State University - Thursday, March 3
- Fairleigh Dickinson University - Tuesday, March 15
- Monmouth University - Thursday, March 31
Stockton University - Thursday, March 10 - OCC Southern Education Center, Manahawkin
New Jersey Transfer Law
New Jersey has a state-wide agreement to assist students with transfer from a community college to a 4-year public institution. Under the Lampitt Law, community college students who complete an AA or AS degree will receive half of the credits needed for graduation with a Bachelor’s degree. Careful planning is essential for a smooth and efficient transfer experience.
- The law only covers students who graduate from an AA or AS programs. AAS programs are generally considered to be terminal. These career programs are meant for students to go directly into the workforce upon completion.
- Typically, students will want to match their degree programs (e.g. AA in Liberal Arts to BA in Psychology). When a student changes degree program intentions (BA to BS) after finishing a degree, the law still applies to general education coursework; however, additional courses might be necessary to complete the Bachelor’s degree.
- Some majors at the four-year college will take more than an additional two years to complete because the programs require more than 120-128 credits (Architecture and Engineering are two examples.)
- The law does not guarantee acceptance to college. Students must still apply and be granted admission, which can be competitive and require specific coursework and/or GPA (e.g. business, teaching, and engineering, among other programs).
- Meet with an advisor to discuss your goals and the best Associate’s degree for you.
- Begin researching institutions.
- Choose courses carefully for your degree program, utilizing NJ Transfer. The Plan Academic Program (RTP) function on NJ Transfer is best suited for student planning.
Contact the Ocean County College Academic Advising Office - 732-255-0300 or email Laura Wills, Coordinator of Transfer Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The NJ Transfer Website
- College(s) Websites
Ocean County College Transfer Fairs
On October 2nd, Ocean County College hosted the 2014 Transfer Fair.
OCC 2013 Transfer Fair. View the video below for more information.