Successful transfer from Ocean County College requires careful planning.
The Academic Advising staff can help you:
- Access information on two- and four-year colleges/universities
- Plan your course of study to parallel the first two years at the four-year institution where you plan to transfer
Students interested in transferring should meet with an advisor early in their career with OCC.
Pre-Nursing Information Session - Please join us on Thursday, October 8th from 5:30-6:30pm or Wednesday, October 28th from 10:00-11:00am in the Bookstore Conference Room. Click here to view our flyer for detailed information.
Upcoming College Visits
|SEC Manahawkin Location October 8th Transfer Appointments||Appointment necessary, contact Advising for more information at 732-255-0300|
|Seton Hall University October 12th||10am-2pm, College Center Lobby|
|Wilmington University October 19th||10am-2pm, College Center Lobby
|Centenary College October 21st||10am-2pm, College Center Lobby|
|Marymount Manahattan College October 22nd||10am-2pm, College Center Lobby|
|William Paterson University October 22nd||10am-2pm, College Center Lobby|
|University of New Haven October 27th||10am-2pm, College Center Lobby|
|Monmouth University Instant Decision Day October 29th - Click to view flyer||11am-2pm appointment necessary, contact Advising for more information at 732-255-0300|
|SEC-Manahawkin Location-November 3rd Transfer Appointments||Appointment necessary, contact Advising for more information at 732-255-0300|
|Montclair State University Instant Decision Day November 5th||11am-2pm Appointment necessary, contact Advising for more information at 732-255-0300|
|Marymount Manhattan College November 16th||10am-2pm, College Center Lobby|
|St. John's University November 19th||10am-2pm, College Center Lobby|
|Wilmington University November 24th||10am-2pm, College Center Lobby|
|SEC-Manahawkin Location-December 1st Transfer Appointments||Appointment necessary, contact Advising for more information at 732-255-0300|
|Wilmington University December 8th||10am-2pm, College Center Lobby|
|NJIT Instant Decision Day December 11th||11am-2pm, Appointment necessary, contact Advising for more information at 732-255-0300.|
New Jersey Transfer Law
New Jersey has a state-wide agreement to assist students with transfer from a community college to a 4-year public institution. Under the Lampitt Law, community college students who complete an AA or AS degree will receive half of the credits needed for graduation with a Bachelor’s degree. Careful planning is essential for a smooth and efficient transfer experience.
- The law only covers students who graduate from an AA or AS programs. AAS programs are generally considered to be terminal. These career programs are meant for students to go directly into the workforce upon completion.
- Typically, students will want to match their degree programs (e.g. AA in Liberal Arts to BA in Psychology). When a student changes degree program intentions (BA to BS) after finishing a degree, the law still applies to general education coursework; however, additional courses might be necessary to complete the Bachelor’s degree.
- Some majors at the four-year college will take more than an additional two years to complete because the programs require more than 120-128 credits (Architecture and Engineering are two examples.)
- The law does not guarantee acceptance to college. Students must still apply and be granted admission, which can be competitive and require specific coursework and/or GPA (e.g. business, teaching, and engineering, among other programs).
- Meet with an advisor to discuss your goals and the best Associate’s degree for you.
- Begin researching institutions.
- Choose courses carefully for your degree program, utilizing NJ Transfer. The Plan Academic Program (RTP) function on NJ Transfer is best suited for student planning.
Contact the Ocean County College Academic Advising Office - 732-255-0300 or email Laura Wills, Coordinator of Transfer Services, at email@example.com
- The NJ Transfer Website
- College(s) Websites
Ocean County College Transfer Fairs
On October 2nd, Ocean County College hosted the 2014 Transfer Fair.
OCC 2013 Transfer Fair. View the video below for more information.