Ocean County College's 49th Annual Commencement Ceremony will take place on Thursday, May 26 at 6:00 p.m.
Applying for Graduation
- Students must apply for graduation (PDF) in order to receive a degree at OCC. This form must be brought to the Cashier's Office with the graduation fee.
- Students should apply one semester prior to their final semester at OCC.
- Students may visit the Academic Advising Center for a degree audit to discuss their graduation status.
The deadlines to apply for graduation are:
- November 1 for Fall graduation
- March 1 for Spring graduation
- July 1 for Summer graduation
*If the deadline date falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline date will be the next business day.
If you are transferring to another school, and need your transcripts to reflect your status as a graduate, please note this information will not automatically appear on a transcript until approximately one to two weeks after the graduation date. When completing your transcript request form (PDF), be sure to check the box indicating "hold for recording of degree" if you wish transcripts to include your status as a graduate.
Graduation applications must be returned, in person, to the Cashiers Office with your graduation fee payment of $25.00. Students who plan to participate in the commencement ceremony can place their cap and gown orders online through the College Bookstore website where they can be purchased for $49.99. Students should bring their paperwork from the Cashier's Office, along with a copy of their online order confirmation, to the bookstore where the gowns and caps can be picked up.
A fee of $10.00 to cover the cost of printing and lettering is charged to students receiving certificates.
Diplomas are not distributed at the Commencement Ceremony. Students can pick up their diplomas in the Office of Registration and Records. You will be asked for identification when you pick up your diploma.
Diploma pick up dates are:
- Fall completion - starting February 23, 2015
- Spring completion - starting June 22, 2015
- Summer completion - starting September 21, 2015
Students who live out of the area can submit a request for their diplomas to be mailed by completing the Permission to Mail Diploma Form (PDF).
Inclement Weather Provision
- In the event of severe weather conditions, commencement will be moved to Friday, May 27 at 10:00 a.m.
- The decision to move the ceremony will be made by 12:00 noon on Thursday and will be announced on the College website (www.ocean.edu), Ocean TV20, or by calling 732-255-0400 for a recorded message.
- In the unlikelihood of inclement weather on Friday, May 27, the Commencement Ceremony will be cancelled and students will report directly to the Gymnasium to pick up their diplomas and have pictures taken.