Ocean County College's 48th Annual Commencement Ceremony will take place on May 21st, 2015
Applying for Graduation
- Students must apply for graduation (PDF) in order to receive a degree at OCC. This form must be brought to the Cashier's Office with the graduation fee.
- Students should apply one semester prior to their final semester at OCC.
- Students may visit the Academic Advising Center for a degree audit to discuss their graduation status.
The deadlines to apply for graduation are:
- November 1 for Fall graduation
- March 1 for Spring graduation
- July 1 for Summer graduation
*If the deadline date falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline date will be the next business day.
If you are transferring to another school, and need your transcripts to reflect your status as a graduate, please note this information will not automatically appear on a transcript until approximately one to two weeks after the graduation date. When completing your transcript request form (PDF), be sure to check the box indicating "hold for recording of degree" if you wish transcripts to include your status as a graduate.
Graduation applications must be returned, in person, to the Cashiers Office with your graduation fee payment of $25.00. Students who plan to participate in the commencement ceremony can place their cap and gown orders online through the College Bookstore website where they can be purchased for $49.99. Students should bring their paperwork from the Cashier's Office, along with a copy of their online order confirmation, to the bookstore where the gowns and caps can be picked up.
A fee of $10.00 to cover the cost of printing and lettering is charged to students receiving certificates.
Diplomas are not distributed at the Commencement Ceremony. Students can pick up their diplomas in the Office of Registration and Records. You will be asked for identification when you pick up your diploma.
Diploma pick up dates are:
- Fall completion - starting February 23rd, 2015
- Spring completion - starting June 22nd, 2015
- Summer completion - starting September 21st, 2015
Students who live out of the area can submit a request for their diplomas to be mailed by completing the Permission to Mail Diploma Form (PDF).
2014 Ceremony Videos/Events
Ocean County College's 47th Annual Commencement Ceremony took place on Thursday, May 22, 2014 at 6:00 p.m. an the Pine Belt Arena in Toms River.
Watch the commencement week activities including:
Ocean County College’s 48th Annual Commencement Ceremony, 48th Annual Awards Ceremony, and Nurses’ Pinning Ceremony will be televised on Ocean TV 20 as broadcast on Comcast of Toms River and Long Beach Island Channel 20, and Verizon FiOS of Northern Ocean County Channel 24.
- The Nurses’ Pinning Ceremony will be broadcast LIVE on Tuesday, May 19 at 7:00 p.m., with repeat broadcasts on Wednesday, May 20 at 9:00 p.m., and Sunday, May 24 at 6:00 p.m.
- The 48th Annual Awards Ceremony will be broadcast LIVE on Thursday, May 21 at 7:00 p.m., with repeat broadcasts on Friday, May 22 at 8:00 p.m., and Sunday, May 24 at 4:00 p.m.