Date & Time of Commencement Ceremony
- Thursday, May 26, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. on the Campus Mall
- Graduates must arrive at OCC by 5:00 p.m. to prepare for the procession.
- Graduates will assemble in the Gymnasium of the HPEC Building.
- Late graduates will enter the procession at the end of the line.
- There is no rehearsal; please make arrangements to arrive on time so you will know what to do for the ceremony.
Inclement Weather Provision
- In the event of severe weather conditions, Commencement will be moved to Friday, May 27, 2016 at 10:00 a.m.
- The decision to move the ceremony will be made by 12:00 noon on Thursday, May 26, 2016 and will be announced on the College website (www.ocean.edu), Ocean TV20, or by calling 732-255-0400 for a recorded message.
- In the unlikelihood of inclement weather on Friday, May 27, 2016 the Commencement Ceremony will be cancelled. Students will report directly to the Gymnasium where pictures will be taken as graduates receive congratulations.
Commencement Security Announcement
To ensure the safety and security of our Ocean County College community, security procedures will be in place during our Commencement Ceremony on May 26, 2016.
ALL backpacks and large bags are prohibited from campus during the Commencement ceremony. All other bags will be subject to search.
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding.
- Guests must arrive by 6:00 p.m.
- Guests are not permitted to save seats.
- There is no limit on the number of guests. Tickets not required.
- Parking Lot 3R is designated for handicapped parking on a first-come, first-served basis. State issued handicapped parking pass required.
- Students participating in the 2016 Commencement Ceremony who require special accommodations should contact the Office of Student Life at 732-255-0400 ext. 2139, at least three days prior to the ceremony.
- If you paid the graduation fee an invitation was mailed to your home.
- If you elected to participate in the Commencement Ceremony, an additional purchase of a cap and gown from the College Bookstore was required.
- You should already have ordered a 2016 cap and gown at the College Bookstore which constitutes your registration to participate in the 2016 Commencement Ceremony.
- If you have not ordered a cap and gown at the Bookstore, it is assumed you have elected not to participate in the Commencement Ceremony.
- Please note: If you do not complete the requirements for your degree by the end of thev 2016 Summer Sessions, you must reapply for Graduation 2017 and repay the graduation fee.
Cap & Gown Distribution
- Pick up your cap, gown, hood, and green tassel at the College Bookstore beginning May 23, 2016.
Please present paid receipt at pickup.
- Visit this link to order Ocean County College Graduation Products, including your cap and gown from the College Bookstore: www.herffjones.com/college/occ
- Questions concerning Caps and Gowns should be directed to the Bookstore at (732) 255.0333.
Honors, Cum Laude, NJ STARS, & Phi Theta Kappa
- Honors by Contract students who complete the program are eligible for the tassel and stole.
- Students with a final grade point average of 3.5 or greater are eligible for Gold tassels.
- Phi Theta Kappa students may purchase a PTK stole.
- Students graduating from the NJ STARS program are eligible to receive a pin recognizing their efforts.
- Note: Due to the dependence on final grades, these special tassels and pins will not be available when students pick up caps and gowns. Honors, PTK, and NJ Stars students should stop in the Bookstore on May 25th or 26th to pick up their tassel, stole and/or pin for use at the ceremony.
- Note: Phi Theta Kappa members who have not already done so must immediately inform Student Life at (732) 255.0348 of plans to graduate. Failure to do so will result in your being omitted from the Bookstore list for the stole and your status will not be noted in the Commencement program.
Actual diplomas will not be available at the ceremony. Diplomas can be picked up at the Registration and Records Office:
- FALL 2015 completion graduates – Diplomas are already available
- SPRING 2016 completion graduates – Diplomas will be available beginning June 27, 2016.
- SUMMER 2016 completion graduates – Diplomas will be available beginning Sept. 26, 2016.
- IDENTIFICATION IS REQUIRED TO PICK UP A DIPLOMA.
- Island Photography will take pictures of graduates as they receive congratulations.
- Island Photography will e-mail proofs to you, but you are under no obligation to purchase.
- Island Photography will not sell the graduation list for any other purpose.
- Family and friends may still take their own pictures at the ceremony.