Travel to the beautiful Emerald Island of Ireland with OCC!
Information Sessions: Student Center Room 203
Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 2:00 p.m.
Wednesday, December 13, 2017 at 11:00 a.m.
Friday, December 15, 2017 at 12:30 p.m.
Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 1:00 p.m.
Monday, March 5, 2018 at 12:00 p.m.
Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 12:00 p.m.
This Study Abroad in Ireland (including both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland) Travel Seminar (HIST 255) provides an unforgettable opportunity to experience the history, culture and people of Ireland while visiting its' two capital cities.
- This 9-Day trip includes walking tours of Dublin and Belfast including entrance into Trinity College and the Book of Kells, St. Patrick's Cathedral and Dublin Castle.
- We will have a guided tour of Kilmainham Gaol given by the grandson of a 1916 Rebellion fighters as well as a trip to see the beauty and grandeur of Powerscourt Estate, including the house, garden and waterfalls.
- Traveling to ancient historical sites of Newgrange/Knowth and Hill of Tara and hearing about pagan times, druids, high chiefs and mystical spirits will be contrasted with modern history of Belfast an Derry as depicted in the internationally acclaimed mural art work which we will visit while in Northern Ireland.
- In addition to the historical and cultural highlights of Ireland, the trip includes the opportunity to experience firsthand the warmth, hospitality and love of music during our Pub dinners an famous full Irish breakfasts.
- Students will earn three credits and participate in a course (HIST 255: History and Culture of Ireland).
- Members of the community are welcome to participate on an audit basis.
Scholarship Application: Extended to March 16, 2018
Application: Extended to April 4, 2018
Cost of Trip Plus One (3) Credit Course:
Ocean County Resident - $4,370.50
Out-of-County - $4,433.50
Out-of-State - $4,697.50
Single Supplement (optional) $799.00
Class Option: HIST 255: History & Culture of Ireland for three college credits
Package Includes: Round-trip airfare, Full time tour manager, All breakfasts, 3 dinners, Admissions & tours outlined, Travel insurance, 7 nights' accommodations (2 to a room), European airport/hotel transfers, Shuttle to & from OCC, First class motor coach, Transportation to & from historical sites, Tuition & fees for one 3 credit course.
Not included: Meals not noted on itinerary, breakfast on arrival day, beverages during included meals, tips and gratuities for services providers, personal effects and any items not specifically listed above.
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age and out of high school.
- Community members are welcome to participate on an audit-credit basis.
- Students will be enrolled for 3 college credits during the 2018 Fourth Accelerated Semester. Scholarships available for full-time OCC students - an application is required.
For information or an application contact:
Dr. Maureen Reustle