A great 9 day/8 night guided archaeological and cultural journey to some of the most impressive and beautiful
Maya sites of Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula. With a Maya
archaeologist as your guide, you will explore major
archaeological sites, Spanish colonial towns, traditional Maya villages and markets, meet a practicing Maya shaman, swim in ancient Maya cenotes, and take a boat trip though an extraordinary nature reserve to see wild flamingos, hawks and crocodiles. Your seminar concludes with a stay on the white sandy beaches of the Maya Riviera at a sanctuary for wild sea turtles. Round trip airfare, hotels, and most meals included.
Registration Deadline: December 10, 2014
- Spectacular ancient Maya archaeological sites
- Living Maya villages with lunch in a typical Maya home
- Blessing ceremony by an authentic Maya Shaman
- Swim in sacred Cenotes, entrances to the Maya Underworld
- Boat trip though the Rio Lagartos Nature Reserve
- Spanish colonial towns and native markets
- Caribbean beaches of the Maya Riviera
Your Package Includes
- Round trip airfare on US Airways
- All hotel accommodations
- 8 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 8 dinners
- All Mexican ground transportation in private air
- All admissions and guided tours at each site.
- Round trip shuttle between OCC and airport
- Meal tips, taxes, OCC instruction, tuition & fees
(Please contact Prof. Marchie for a full itinerary.)
NOT INCLUDED: Personal expenses, airline baggage fees,
tips, activities, meals, and services not specifically listed.
Cost: $3051 for OCC Residents,
slightly higher for out of county participants
A number of scholarships are available for OCC students.