According to the Americans with Disabilities Amendment Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, students may be eligible for reasonable accommodations through Disability Services.
In order to access Disability Services and request reasonable accommodations, students must either be:
- a current Ocean County College student or
- have completed the Ocean County College Admissions Application before the start of the semester
and complete the following steps:
Complete the Student Intake Packet and collect your documentation of disability.
Submit all paperwork to The Center for Student Success. The Intake Packet and supporting documentation of disability can submitted by:
Ocean County College
Attn: Disability Services
College Drive, P.O. Box 2001
Toms River, NJ 08754-2001
Ocean County College, Toms River Campus
Center for Student Success
Building 3, Library Room 124
All documentation is kept confidential. Inadequate information, incomplete answers, and/or illegible handwriting will delay the eligibility review process.
After your complete Intake Packet is reviewed and approved by Disability Services, you will be contacted to schedule your Information Session. You are required to attend an Information Session in order to receive your preliminary Accommodation Plan and to learn about other support services available through Ocean County College.
After your Information Session, you may be provided with an accommodation letter based on your individual needs.
- It is your responsibility to provide a copy of this letter to your professors each semester.
- It is your responsibility to obtain the professor's signature on the accommodation letter and provide a copy of this signed letter to Disability Services.
- It is your responsibility to meet with each professor to discuss the arrangements for receiving accommodations.
- Instructors do not have to provide accommodations to students if they have not been informed of the need in a timely manner.