What is Career Counseling?
A service provided to students and alumni of OCC that facilitates the self-exploration process. Students identify career related interests, values and goals. Counseling sessions help students embrace the idea that career management is a lifelong process.
- Students meet individually or in group sessions with a career counselor. Individual sessions last approximately 50 minutes.
- Activities suggested by the career counselor will help you learn more about who you are, what you want your future career to look like, and what you need to do to get there.
- Counselor provides interpretation of activities completed and assessment results.
- The student creates an individual career and education plan.
What Does A Session Look Like?
Suggested Activities for Self-Assessment
• Completing formal assessments, such as; SDS, CTI, and those available on Kuder Journey.
• Completing informal assessments and activities, such as:
• Card Sorts
• Creating a Vision Board
• Journaling and/or blogging
Commit, Plan, Action
Now that you have your very own career plan, create a resource tool kit that travels with you to your next college and/or job for use as needed. Career management is a lifelong process!