Main Campus Hours
|Mondays and Fridays||8AM - 4PM|
|Tuesdays and Thursdays||8AM - 5PM|
|Saturdays||8AM - 1PM|
|Sundays and holidays||CLOSED|
- Wednesday, October 21: The Testing Center will be closed from 10:45AM – 12:15PM for Professional Development training.
- Appointments required in advance for any tests requiring the use of a computer including but not limited to CLEP, DSST/Dantes, TEAS, Technology Test-Out, on-line testing for other institutions and accommodation testing. Walk-ins welcome for most other tests.
- Please note: No tests will be administered within 1 hour of our scheduled closing time. All students are required to show a valid photo ID in order to test.
- The NJ State Department of Education has added the OCC Testing Center to their list of testing sites for the ParaPro Certification test and the Keyboarding Test.
The College tests incoming students in reading, writing and mathematics skills. The results of these tests have no effect on admission to Ocean County College; their purpose is to help the college place students in courses appropriate to their backgrounds and needs.
After students are accepted by the college, they can call or stop in at the College Testing Center to schedule an appointment to take the College Placement Test. The test is also offered on a walk-in basis; no appointment necessary when computers are available. The test should be taken as soon as possible, since a delay in testing will result in a delay in the scheduling of courses. Also, early testing will enable students to make up any skill deficiencies during the summer session.
You can be exempt from taking the placement test if you have the following scores:
SAT: 540+ Critical Reading and/or 530+ Math
PSAT: 54+ Critical Reading and/or 53+ Math*
ACT: 23+ English/Writing and/or 22+ Math*
HSPA: 235+ Language Arts & Literacy and/or 250+ Math*
Receive transfer credit for college level Math and/or English based upon submission and evaluation of transcripts by the Registrar’s office. Official transcripts should be sent directly to the Registrar from your previous school.
*NJ STARS students may only submit SAT scores to prove exemption from Placement Testing.HSPA, PSAT, and ACT scores do not qualify for NJ STARS exemptions.
Walk-ins for Challenge Testing are welcome; see Testing Center hours.
Thursdays By Appointment: Call 732.255.0401 to schedule an appointment.
Brush up sites for the College Placement Test may be accessed on the internet by typing “Accuplacer + Practice” from any browser search field. A number of sites will be listed, some for English and some for Math. Remember, for Math you’ll need to practice your Elementary Algebra skills. Any of the free sites provide valuable practice opportunities; there is no need to use any site for which you need to pay a fee. Some of the better sites are as follows:
As a general rule, students must complete required developmental courses immediately to ensure success in other courses. The college will not award a diploma to any student who has not demonstrated competency in the basic skills. Students are expected to enroll in all required developmental courses in their first semester, but they must enroll in the required courses by their second semester.
Students identified as needing remediation in English or mathematics will be restricted to a limited course load. The limited course load will consist of the needed developmental courses and other courses selected from approved limited load course list.
By appointment only.
Visit http://clep.collegeboard.org/started and log into and follow the steps to register for a CLEP exam. After you register with CLEP and get your ticket (Step 3), follow Step 4 and contact the Testing Center at least 48 hours in advance of your desired test date to schedule your test. Call 732-255-0401 to schedule your CLEP test appointment. All CLEP test dates are subject to computer availability. On the day of your scheduled test, please bring your registration ticket, your primary government issued ID and your $40 testing fee. As a reminder, that fee must be paid by exact change cash, check or money order. The Testing Center cannot accept credit or debit cards.
By appointment only.
Call 732.255.0401 to schedule an appointment.
- TEAS Guidelines (PDF)
- Please see the CPE catalog for information regarding the TEAS Prep/Remediation course.
- Please note: It is recommended that students complete their general education courses prior to taking the TEAS in order to help ensure successful results.
- View additional information regarding TEAS