The Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF) is a state-funded program offering academic, financial and counseling support services to students who meet the selective criteria set forth by New Jersey Higher Education.
It is the mission of the Ocean County College Educational Opportunity Fund Program to provide access to higher education.
Through access to higher education we strive to improve quality of life, advance economic promise, and encourage achievement through advocacy and advisement, equipping students with academic, career and social skills to engage fully in life's journey.
We believe in possibilities. We believe in the spirit of promise of every student, mindful that trust and communication are the cornerstones of our partnership. We walk with students along their chosen path serving as Advisors, Cheerleaders, and Champions. We assist students in learning how to plan for, reach toward and embrace success, using education and learning as two of the ways up and out of poverty and disenfranchisement. We believe in the power of one and the strength of the collective.
- U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Resident of New Jersey (for at least 12 consecutive months prior to your application)
- Full time student, 12 credits or more
- Completion of Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Meet the income requirements as defined by New Jersey Higher Education
Benefits of Being an EOF Student
The benefits of being an EOF student are many. Throughout your time of study, you will receive individualized support and guidance from our team of professionals. We believe that this support maximizes your opportunities for success and learning. You will benefit from these program components:
- First Year Institute, to assist your entry into college
- Tutoring, to help you achieve at the highest levels possible
- Seminars/Workshops/Activities, to enrich your experience, to learn and to grow
- Counseling, for personal and academic challenges
- Financial Aid, grants are awarded each semester and based upon available funding you may apply for a summer session grant.
We believe in the potential of every student.
We are here to assist you along your path toward success. Yes, you can!