The Adult Education, Civics, & Workforce Preparation Program (AECWP) provides free comprehensive services to Ocean County residents. The AECWP program is housed within the Workforce and Professional Education Department on the main campus at Ocean County College and throughout the county. This program provides high school equivalency test preparation, English Language Acquisition classes, workforce preparation skills development and family literacy events. Additional services include case management and access to OCC resources such as Tutoring Center, Helping Hands food pantry, Disability Services, Counseling and the library. Accommodations for students can be provided based on needs and barriers to assist with successful program completion.
*The Adult Education, Civics, and Workforce Preparation Program is funded by the State of New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development for Consolidated Adult Basic Skills (Title II) and Integrated English Literacy and Civics Education (IELCE) Programs.
- High School Equivalency Preparation Classes
- ELA / ESL Classes and Civics
- Integrated Education & Training (IET)
- Workforce Preparation
- Family Literacy Events
- Bootcamp (must be eligible)
- Length: 12 weeks; 6 instructional hours; morning, midday and evening schedules available. *Attendance required
- Class structure: In-person; online/remote; HyFlex (video-capable classrooms); self-paced online courses.
- Orientation: Every 12 weeks; in-person; placement testing; registration required.
Please note: Students under the age of 18 must provide a withdrawal letter from high school and signed release forms are required prior to the orientation.
Phone: (732) 255-0400 ext. 2346
Location: Ocean County College, Building 4, Room 107
- Tutoring Services
- Support Services
- Learning Labs
- Career Development and Training
- Counseling Services
- Disability Services
- Referrals to outside agencies