The Adult Education, Civics, & Workforce Preparation Program (AECWP) provides free comprehensive services to Ocean County residents. The AECWP program is housed within the Workforce and Professional Education Department on the main campus at Ocean County College and throughout the county. This program provides the following:
- High school equivalency test preparation.
- English Language Acquisition classes.
- Workforce preparation skills development.
- Family literacy events.
Additional services include case management and access to OCC resources such as Tutoring Center, Helping Hands food pantry, Disability Services, Counseling, and the library. Accommodations for students can be provided based on needs and barriers to assist with successful program completion.
*The Adult Education, Civics, and Workforce Preparation Program is funded by the State of New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development for Consolidated Adult Basic Skills (Title II) and Integrated English Literacy and Civics Education (IELCE) Programs.
- High School Equivalency Preparation Classes
- ESL and Civics Classes
- Monthly Subject Bootcamp (see below for details)
- Length: 15 weeks (Fall and Winter); 6 weeks (Summer); 6 instructional hours; morning, midday, and evening schedules available. *Attendance required
- Class structure: In-person; online/remote; HyFlex (video-capable classrooms)
- Six hours throughout two dates
- Placement testing
- Registration required
Subject Bootcamp Details
- Once a Month
- One week
- Thursday, Friday, Monday, Tuesday
- Subject overview
- Testing schedule with instructor
- Wednesday or Thursday
- Homework must be completed
- Attendance is mandatory; all days are required
- One week
- 9+ grade level
- You only need 1 or 2 subjects to pass the test
- Registration Required
- Upcoming dates
- September 26, 2022
- October 31, 2022
- November 28, 2022
- January 19, 2023
- February 23, 2023
- March 23, 2023
- Check back for future dates.
Please note: Students under 18 years of age must provide a withdrawal letter from high school, and signed release forms are required before the orientation.
(732) 255-0400 ext. 2346
Location: Ocean County College, Building 4, Room 107
- Career Development and Training
- Career Training Opportunities
- Counseling Services
- Disability Services
- Family Literacy Events
- Learning Labs
- Referrals to outside agencies
- Support Services
- Testing Information
- Tutoring Services
- Workforce Preparation