The Associate in Science (A.S.) degree in Business Administration program is designed for those students desiring to transfer to a baccalaureate program in sports management. This degree is a broad program of study that provides students with specific skills as well as a general overview of the sports industry.
- ACCT 161 Principles of Accounting I (3 Credits)
- ACCT 162 Principles of Accounting II (3 Credits)
- BUSN 134 Principles of Marketing (3 Credits)
- BUSN 251 Business Law I (3 Credits)
- BUSN 271 Principles of Management (3 Credits)
- COMM 154 Fundamentals of Public Speaking (3 Credits)
- CSIT 123 Integrated Office Software (3 Credits)
- ECON 151 Macroeconomic Principles (3 Credits)
- ECON 152 Microeconomic Principles (3 Credits)
- ENGL151 English I (3 Credits)
- ENGL152 English II (3 Credits)
- HEHP 188 Introduction to Nutrition (3 Credits)
- HEHP 225 Contemporary Health (3 Credits)
- HEHP 228 Care and Prevention of Athletic Injuries (3 Credits)
- HEHP 267 Sports Management (3 Credits)
- MATH 156 Introduction to Statistics or higher (3 Credits)
- STSC 155 College Success Seminar (3 Credits)
- Humanities Gen Ed (3 Credits): Courses satisfying this requirement must be taken from the list of Approved General Education Humanities Courses (course type: GHUM).
- Lab Science Gen. Ed. Requirement (4 Credits): Courses satisfying this requirement must be taken from the list of Approved General Education Lab Science courses (course type: GSCL).
- Additional Humanities or Social Science Gen Ed (3 Credits): Courses satisfying this requirement must be taken from either the list of Approved General Education Humanities (GHUM) or Social Science (GSOC) courses (course types: GHUM or GSOC).
- Electives (to meet required 64 Credits): 7-9 crs BUSN 131 Introduction to Business Administration is a recommended elective. Most four-year business degree programs require Business Calculus or Calculus as the entry-level math course.
- Complete both groups: MATH-165 or higher MATH-191 or higher
For more information
CAREERS IN SPORTS MANAGEMENT
Game Day and Event Coordination
Facility Operations Manager
Financial and Contract Analyst
Guest Relations Manager
Corporate Partnerships Manager
Have you already applied for this degree?
Current students are encouraged to use curriculum guides, along with their Student Planning Degree Audit (My Progress Screen), to help make educated, accurate choices when selecting courses.
Official* 2017-2018 Catalog
Our interactive catalog is updated throughout the year.
*Course requirements for degrees can and do change over time. Students are responsible for fulfilling the degree requirements that are in effect when they begin pursuing the degree at the college.