This is a broad program of study that provides students with specific skills as well as a general overview of business.
The courses are also related to not-for-profit organizations.
- BUSN 131 Introduction to Business Administration (3 Credits)
- BUSN 134 Principles of Marketing (3 Credits)
- BUSN 251 Business Law I (3 Credits)
- BUSN 271 Principles of Management (3 Credits)
- CSIT 123 Integrated Office Software (3 Credits)
1 of the following 2 Accounting courses is required:
2 of the following 7 Electives courses are required:
- ACCT 162 Principles of Accounting II (3 Credits)
- BUSN 151 Introduction to Human Resource Management (3 Credits)
- BUSN 170 Small Business Management (3 Credits)
- BUSN 210 Business Communications (3 Credits)
- BUSN 252 Business Law II (3 Credits)
- BUSN 270 Principles of Advertising (3 Credits)
- BUSN 272 Principles of Investments (3 Credits)
* Students must complete one-half of the total number of semester hours required for this program at Ocean County College
For more information
CAREERS IN BUSINESS STUDIES
Have you already applied for this degree?
Current students are encouraged to use curriculum guides, along with their Student Planning Degree Audit (My Progress Screen), to help make educated, accurate choices when selecting courses.
honors by contract
A wide range of courses are available for students to participate in OCC’s “Honors by Contract” Program!
Official* 2017-2018 Catalog
Our interactive catalog is updated throughout the year.
*Course requirements for degrees can and do change over time. Students are responsible for fulfilling the degree requirements that are in effect when they begin pursuing the degree at the college.