The certificate of completion for teacher aides includes courses specific to the field, with a limited number of general education courses.
It is designed for students who wish to become teacher aides and for aides already employed within school systems. All courses may be credited toward the associate degree for students wishing to earn an Associate in Science degree in general education. Students completing the A.S. degree could substitute teach and transfer to a four-year college. Students seeking admission must meet all college requirements.
- EDUC 175 Introduction to Teaching (3 Credits)
- EDUC 178 Introduction to the Education of Exceptional Students (3 Credits)
- ENGL 151 English I (3 Credits)
- MATH 151 A Survey of Mathematics (3 Credits)
- PSYC 172 General Psychology (3 Credits)
- PSYC 173 Child Psychology (3 Credits)
1 of the following 2 Lang Arts/Comp Lit courses is required:
For more information
CAREERS IN TEACHERS-AIDE
Have you already applied for this degree?
Current students are encouraged to use course maps, along with their Student Planning Degree Audit (My Progress Screen), to help make educated, accurate choices when selecting courses.
honors by contract
A wide range of courses are available for students to participate in OCC’s “Honors by Contract” Program!