The Fire Science Certificate is designed to prepare students for a career in the fire service or to enhance the knowledge and skills of individuals already working or volunteering as fire fighters. All courses in this certificate can be applied toward the A.S. in Public Service degree program.
- ENGL 151 English I (3 Credits)
- FIRE 162 Principles of Emergency Services (3 Credits)
- FIRE 165 Building Construction for Fire Protection (3 Credits)
- FIRE 166 Fire Behavior and Combustion (3 Credits)
- FIRE 255 Fire Inspector I (3 Credits)
- FIRE 256 Fire Inspector II (3 Credits)
- FIRE 261 Principles of Fire and Emergency Service (3 Credits)
- FIRE 266 Fire Prevention (3 Credits)
- FIRE 268 Fire Protection Systems (3 Credits)
1 of the following 2 Math Requirement courses is required:
For more information
CAREERS IN FIRE SCIENCE
Have you already applied for this degree?
Current students are encouraged to use curriculum guides, along with their Student Planning Degree Audit (My Progress Screen), to help make educated, accurate choices when selecting courses.
Official* 2017-2018 Catalog
Our interactive catalog is updated throughout the year.
*Course requirements for degrees can and do change over time. Students are responsible for fulfilling the degree requirements that are in effect when they begin pursuing the degree at the college.