This certificate program is designed for individuals who are interested in learning more about basic nutrition. The focus is on wellness and disease prevention through proper nutrition and eating behaviors. It is highly recommended that students enrolling in this program have taken (a) high school biology and chemistry or (b) BIOL114: Principles of Biological Science and high school chemistry.
- BIOL 130 Human Anatomy and Physiology I (4 credits)
- BIOL 131 Human Anatomy & Physiology II (4 credits)
- ENGL 151 English I (3 credits)
- MATH 156 Introduction to Statistics (3 credits)
- HEHP 188 Introduction to Nutrition (3 credits)
- HEHP 239 Strength and Conditioning Physiology (3 credits)
- HEHP 240 Exercise Physiology (3 credits)
- HEHP 252 Nutrition for Fitness and Sport (3 credits)
- HEHP 266 Exercise and Health Counseling (3 credits)
1 of the following 2 Health Courses courses is required:
For more information
CAREERS IN NUTRITION
Have you already applied for this degree?
Current students are encouraged to use curriculum guides, along with their Student Planning Degree Audit (My Progress Screen), to help make educated, accurate choices when selecting courses.
Official* 2017-2018 Catalog
Our interactive catalog is updated throughout the year.
*Course requirements for degrees can and do change over time. Students are responsible for fulfilling the degree requirements that are in effect when they begin pursuing the degree at the college.