The Physical Therapy Aid certificate program prepares students for employment in the field of physical therapy. Employment settings may include private physical therapy facilities, hospital based facilities, occupational therapy and recreational therapy centers. Students may apply credits earned in the certificate program toward an associate degree.
- AHMT 110 Medical Terminology (3 credits)
- BIOL 130 Human Anatomy and Physiology I (4 credits)
- ENGL 151 English I (3 credits)
- HEHP 160 First Aid/CPR/AED for the Workplace, Schools and the Community (3 credits)
- HEHP 228 Care and Prevention of Athletic Injuries (3 credits)
- HEHP 238 Management and Rehabilitation of Athletic Injuries (3 credits)
- HEHP 239 Strength and Conditioning Physiology (3 credits)
- HEHP 265 Kinesiology (3 credits)
- HEHP 290 Health and Human Performance Internship (3 credits)
1 of the following 2 Health courses is required:
For more information
CAREERS IN PHYSICAL THERAPY AIDE
Have you already applied for this degree?
Current students are encouraged to use curriculum guides, along with their Student Planning Degree Audit (My Progress Screen), to help make educated, accurate choices when selecting courses.
honors by contract
A wide range of courses are available for students to participate in OCC’s “Honors by Contract” Program!
Official* 2017-2018 Catalog
Our interactive catalog is updated throughout the year.
*Course requirements for degrees can and do change over time. Students are responsible for fulfilling the degree requirements that are in effect when they begin pursuing the degree at the college.