Employment of nursing assistants is projected to grow 17 percent from now to 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations. Due to the growing elderly population, nursing assistants are in demand to assist and care for these patients.
Our course is Department of Health & Senior Services approved and prepares you to assist with patient daily living activities such as bathing, dressing, feeding, etc. Learn to give patients emotional & social support and report vital patient information to nurses in a variety of healthcare settings such as assisted living, group homes, hospitals, and nursing homes. Receive 90 instruction hours, 50 classroom, 40 clinical. Clinical hours provide hands on training in a long-term care facility setting.
- HS diploma/HSED/successful completion of TABE exam
- Valid State ID & Social Security Card or Proof of Eligibility to work
- Fingerprinting & Criminal Background Investigation
- Physical exam before the first day of class including a 2-step TB test/chest x-ray if you have tested positive previously
- 2 year CPR Certification included in addition to the required 90 hours
- Bring application fees to the first class
- Obtain the CNA information packet 2 weeks before the first class
- Contact Prestige Medical Solutions for mandatory orientation dates at 800-880-1560.
- Check your email for orientation details.
- You are responsible for your own transportation.
Tuition does not include $76 fee for the Certification Application and $54 fee for the Skills Evaluator for the Certified Nursing Assistant certification. Exam fees not included.
You are eligible for 2 college credits toward an Ocean County College General Education Associate’s degree after completing this course.
Course Code: CEHS-318
The red, white, & blue ribbon distinguishes this program as a Department of Veterans Affairs approved Veterans’ Educational Benefits program.