Associate in Science
- What it would be like to manage a hotel and take care of VIP Guests in a fancy hotel?
- What is required when planning special events like weddings or festivals?
- How restaurants operate and what does it mean to prepare and serve food and beverage to guests?
All of these questions can be answered through the field of Hospitality, Recreation, and Tourism Management.
- You are a people person and the fact that each workday is never the same excites you.
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and enjoy creating memorable experiences for guests around the world.
- You have a passion for food, travel, and events.
The ServSafe® Food Handler Certification and Culinary Foundations Certificate with Rouxbe Culinary Foundations Certification are offered through Workforce and Professional Education. Students can receive credits towards their associate’s degree by completing the Culinary Foundations Certificate with Rouxbe Culinary Foundations Certification.
American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI) Guest Service Gold Certificate (HRTM 124) and Quality Customer Service HRTM Elective.
Professor Bips joined the Ocean County College academic team in January 2018. His educational background consists of a Bachelor’s degree in Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Management from the Pennsylvania State University, an Associate degree in Culinary Arts from the world-renowned Culinary Institute of America located in Hyde Park, New York, and a dual Executive MBA from The European Business School in Germany as well as Durham Business School in the U.K.
Professor Bips has held various hospitality managerial positions throughout the United States and Europe with a primary focus on food and beverage operations and private event meeting planning. In 2005 and 2006, Professor Bips ran the United Nations General Assembly event at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York. He has also worked for Mr. Gordon Ramsay at the London NYC Hotel, overseeing all banquet and in-suite dining events. He has held the following positions, Banquet Manager, Restaurant Manager, Bar Manager, Private Dining Manager, and In-Suite Event Sales Manager for various high-quality luxury hotels. His portfolio includes positions held at the Renaissance Hotel, Washington DC; London NYC Hotel; Waldorf Astoria Hotel, New York; the Four Seasons Hotel and Resort, Aviara, California; and the world-famous Pierre Hotel in New York City, in addition to international employment at the Schloss hotel Kronberg in Frankfurt, Germany.