Access the OCC Library from Anywhere!
Studying at home? You can access certain OCC Library services from your computer, tablet, or smartphone! Our remote services allow you to browse our Digital Display Collection, find subject guides, access software for courses, and more.
Discover our remote library services below or chat with an OCC librarian!
Study with Classmates
OCC’s new studying app, CircleIn, transforms your class into a digital community and creates a space for you to brainstorm with classmates. The app is designed to help you get organized and study with your classmates remotely ─ while giving you the chance to earn rewards by helping your peers. The more you join in, the more rewards you can win!
Available Library Services
- Our databases can be perused from anywhere. You can access them by logging into your Ocean Connect Account and clicking “Library Services” or by using the library course, LRIL-01-Library Resources and Information, linked in Canvas.
- You can also view our subject guides if you seek more information concerning a specific subject
- Articles may be requested using the Interlibrary Loan forms found in your Ocean Connect account. If you have any questions about your request please email email@example.com to speak with our ILL Department. All currently checked out ILL items have had renewal requested, for an update on their status please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We also have a digital display collection that showcases our ebooks, magazines, and films.
Note: If you have any items due back during this time, the overdue fines will be waived. There will be a grace period after the College re-opens in which to return materials.
- Chat reference services are available in a chat box in the Library Services area of Ocean Connect. Access them by logging into your Ocean Connect account, clicking on the “Library Services” option, and entering your question in the chat box. A reference librarian is available to answer your questions from 8 am to 10 pm, Monday thru Thursday, 8 am to 8 pm, Fridays, and 9 am to 5 pm on Saturdays.
- Have a question that pertains to a specific subject? See our Subject Librarian page to speak directly with a librarian who can assist.
- You can also access the chat reference service through the library course, LRIL-01, in Canvas. In Canvas, the chat box is available in each of the subject guides (click on “I want to start my research” from the course’s homepage.)
- OER – Open Education Resources
- Information Literacy Class Requests Our librarians are more than happy to work with any Ocean County College faculty member on bringing information literacy instruction to the classroom through the WebEx platform. Please complete the following form 2 weeks prior to your class and we will contact you regarding instructional sessions.
- Autodesk is providing students and educators with free software downloads to over 100+ products ranging from 2d architectural and engineering design to 3d animation and modeling.
- Autodesk Design Academy is a free resource for guided webinars, self-paced online courses, tutorials, industry contests and more.
- Adobe has made Creative Cloud Suite desktop app versions available for students at–home. Ocean Connect login credentials (email@example.com + password) act as your Adobe ID
Any pre-nursing students who need advising may email any of our librarians for assistance.
- EBSCO eBooks: Provides access to two collections: the Academic Collection and the Community College Collection, with combined access to over 175,000 multidisciplinary titles.
- Springer eBooks: Online access to Springer’s eBook content, including thousands of handbooks, textbooks, reference works, book series, proceedings and monographs.
- Films on Demand: Streaming video on topics including education, art, science, history, law, and more.
- Flipster: An easy-to-use digital magazine newsstand.