Date & Time Of Commencement Ceremony
- Thursday, May 27, 2021 | 12:00pm | Gateway Building (#101).
- Graduates must arrive at OCC by 11:00 a.m. Recommended parking is Lot #3.
- Graduates will assemble outside the Hovnanian Health Sciences Building (#102). Graduates who arrive late will enter the procession at the end of the line.
- There is no rehearsal. Please arrive on time so you will know what to do for the ceremony.
- In the event of severe weather conditions, the Commencement Ceremony will be moved to Friday, May 28, 2021 at 12:00 noon
- The decision to move the Ceremony will be made by 8:00am on Thursday, May 27 and will be announced on the College website (ocean.edu) and Ocean TV20.
- Guests must arrive by 12:00 p.m., but no earlier than 10:30 a.m.
- Guests are not permitted to save seats.
- There is a limit of 2 guests per graduate. Tickets are required.
- Masks MUST be worn at all times.
- Strict Security Regulations will be followed. ALL umbrellas, backpacks and large bags are prohibited from campus during the Commencement Ceremony. All other bags will be subject to search.
- A section of Parking Lot 4 is designated for Handicapped Parking on a first-come, first-served basis. State-issued Handicapped Parking Pass required.
- Students participating in the Commencement Ceremony who require special accommodations should contact Student Life at email@example.com, at least three days prior to the Ceremony.
- Professional photographs of graduates will be taken as they receive congratulations.
- The photographer will e-mail proofs to you, but you are under no obligation to purchase.
- Family and friends may take their own pictures at the Ceremony from their seat.
We encourage you to participate in OCC’s virtual Commencement Message that will be aired on May 27, 2021.
If you have any questions regarding these instructions, please call the Registration and Records Office at 732-255-0304 or Student Life at 732-255-0348.
Congratulations to the Class of 2021!