GENERAL TUTORING SERVICES
For the Spring 2021 semester, the following courses will be supported by General Tutoring Services: ASLN-100, ASLN-103, BIOL-114, BIOL-119, BIOL-130, BIOL-131, BIOL-161, BIOL-162, BIOL-163, BIOL-232, BIOL-264, CHEM-180, CHEM-181, CSIT-110, CSIT-123, CSIT-165, PHIL-190, PHIL-191, and PHIL-192.
Follow the instructions below to make an appointment. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are looking for tutoring support in other courses.
If you are having difficulties setting up an appointment, please call 732-255-0400 ext. 2431.
For general questions regarding tutoring, please call 732-255-0400 ext. 2967
Study with Classmates
OCC’s new studying app, CircleIn, transforms your class into a digital community and creates a space for you to brainstorm with classmates. The app is designed to help you get organized and study with your classmates remotely ─ while giving you the chance to earn rewards by helping your peers. The more you join in, the more rewards you can win!
How to Join the General Tutoring Services Canvas Course
Our tutors have been and will continue to upload resources to Canvas. To take advantage of these resources and to receive announcements about group tutoring sessions, please join our Canvas course.
How to Make an Appointment
- Go to Accudemia and login with your Ocean Connect credentials
- Click “Appointments” at the top of the page and then Create New Appointment
- Type “General Tutoring Services: Virtual” into the box for Center
- Choose your course from the list shown
- Pick an available time slot
- Leave your student email address, student ID #, and a brief description of what you are working on in the “Notes” section of the appointment BEFORE you click “Confirm”
- Click “Confirm”
- You will receive an invite to your student email the day of your session. Click the green button in the email to get connected with your tutor.
Note: if students do not leave this information in the “Notes” section then they will not receive an invite to their tutoring session.
If you are having difficulties making the appointment yourself, please do not hesitate to email email@example.com, and we will assist you in setting up your appointment.
If you need to reschedule or cancel an appointment, please do so in Accudemia at least 12 hours prior to the session start time. Failure to show up to an appointment will be counted as a no-show. Students that accumulate no-shows will be restricted from scheduling their own tutoring sessions.