GENERAL TUTORING SERVICES
For the Spring 2021 semester, the following courses will be supported by General Tutoring Services: ASLN-100, ASLN-103, BIOL-114, BIOL-119, BIOL-130, BIOL-131, BIOL-161, BIOL-162, BIOL-163, BIOL-232, BIOL-264, BUSN-131, CHEM-180, CHEM-181, CHEM-182, CHEM-283, CHEM-284, CSIT-110, CSIT-123, CSIT-165, ECON-151, PHIL-190, PHIL-191, and PHIL-192.
Please schedule all tutoring sessions with the full intent of attending. Students that accumulate three no-shows in a 30 day period will be restricted from scheduling their own sessions, and will need to contact the appropriate service area to schedule appointments. Appointments must be canceled at least 12 hours in advance. This can be done in Accudemia, or by calling 732-255-0400 ext, 2431.
Tutoring sessions are 1-on-1, approximately 45 minutes long, and the sessions are conducted through Webex. Students are able to schedule a maximum of two sessions per course per day, as long as the sessions are not back to back. Follow the instructions below to make an appointment. Email email@example.com if you are looking for tutoring support in other courses.
- Go to Accudemia and login with your Ocean Connect credentials
- Click “Appointments” at the top of the page and then Create New Appointment
- Type “General Tutoring Services: Virtual” into the box for Center
- Choose your course from the list shown
- Pick an available time slot
- Leave your student email address, student ID #, and a brief description of what you are working on in the “Notes” section of the appointment BEFORE you click “Confirm”
- Click “Confirm”
- You will receive an invite to your student email the day of your session. Click the green button in the email to get connected with your tutor.
Note: if students do not leave this information in the “Notes” section then they will not receive an invite to their tutoring session.
If you are having difficulties making the appointment yourself, please do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will assist you in setting up your appointment.
If you need to reschedule or cancel an appointment, please do so in Accudemia at least 12 hours prior to the session start time. Failure to show up to an appointment will be counted as a no-show. Students that accumulate no-shows will be restricted from scheduling their own tutoring sessions.
Study with Classmates
OCC’s new studying app, CircleIn, transforms your class into a digital community and creates a space for you to brainstorm with classmates. The app is designed to help you get organized and study with your classmates remotely ─ while giving you the chance to earn rewards by helping your peers. The more you join in, the more rewards you can win!
Weekly Remote Tutoring Drop-In Sessions
- CSIT-110: Intro to Computers & Computer Applications, Mondays from 4:00-5:00 p.m. Attend the Session
- BIOL-130: Human Anatomy & Physiology, Wednesdays from 4:00-5:00 p.m. Attend the Session
- CSIT-123: Integrated Office Software, Wednesdays from 6:00-7:00 p.m. Attend the Session
- CHEM-180: Introductory Chemistry, Fridays from 1:00-2:00 p.m. Attend the Session
- ASLN-100: American Sign Language I, Tuesdays and Fridays from 4:30-5:30 p.m. Attend the Session
- ASLN-103: American Sign Language II, Fridays from 3:00 -4:00 p.m. Attend the Session
- CSIT-165: Programming I, Wednesdays from 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. Attend the Session