Students are considered part-time when enrolled in 11 credits or less.
- Part-time students may take courses at their own pace. A student could take one class in one semester, and two or three classes the following semester.
- When part-time students register for 12 or more credits, they are then considered full-time.
- Part-time students may take several years to complete the degree requirements for graduation. Part-time students may also alternate between full- and part-time status.
How Do I Register for Classes?
As a new part-time student, you must register for your classes in person in the Office of Registration & Records.
Prior to registering, you are encouraged to meet with an advisor in the Academic Advising Center to discuss your course selection.
To prepare for your advising meeting, log on to Ocean Connect to search for classes and make a preliminary (trial) schedule. Make sure the courses you select are OPEN and there are no time conflicts.
In upcoming semesters, you may register online using Ocean Connect.
Tips for Making Your Schedule
- Design your class schedule based on your individual needs and learning styles.
- Have a balance between school, work, and other responsibilities.
- Allow yourself plenty of time outside of class to complete assignments. Remember, for every one hour you spend in class, you should allow at least two hours of study time.
- You may choose classes that are held during the day, evening or weekend. Classes are offered Monday – Friday from 8:00 am to 10:45 pm. Weekend classes are held on Saturdays from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- Classes are also offered at off-campus sites throughout Ocean County and at OCC’s Southern Education Center in Manahawkin.
We offer a wide variety of student clubs and organizations to suit the diverse needs, interests and backgrounds of our students.