Welcome to the Spring 2021 Semester! Here are some resources to help you succeed throughout the semester.
Spring Semester Activities
Every Thursday, Starting January 28th — Relax and Recharge
- Learn new ways to relax, reduce stress, and increase focus! Come, check it out, and give it a try! Join us on Thursdays (1/28 through 5/13) at 11:00 am – 11:30 am on WebEx. *No session during Spring Break
- To sign up and receive WebEx information, please contact the Counseling Center at 732-255-0386 or email at email@example.com. You can also access Relax and Recharge WebEx information on the OCC app under ‘Events’.
Social Justice Series
For the Academic year of 2020-2021, several departments on the Ocean County College campus have worked collaboratively to put together a series of activities and events for students and the Ocean County Community. It includes a film series, panel discussions, theatre, dance, and poetry events. The social justice topics include race, hunger, immigration, environmental change, gender and LGBTQ concerns, and much more!
- The Landscape of Higher Education in Prisons
Tuesday, February 16 at 9:30 a.m.
- Juvenile Justice – Realizing Full Potential
Tuesday, February 23 at 12:30 p.m.
- Ashani Mufuko – Dance Economic Lecture
March 3 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Learn more at https://www.ocean.edu/social-justice-series/
The HUB is available via phone and email during regular business hours to help you with financial aid, registration, academic advising appointments, and much more! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 732-255-0482.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 8:00 am-6:00 pm
- Wednesday: 8:00 am-7:00 pm
- Friday: 8:00 am-5:00 pm
- Mon 12pm-4pm
- Tue 12pm-4pm
- Wed 12pm-4pm
- Thu 12pm-4pm
- Fri 12pm-4pm
- Sat CLOSED
- Sun CLOSED
The Bookstore is located in the Student Center (Building #8)
Tuition Includes Books!
- Register for your classes and the bookstore will start preparing your course materials
- One month before classes start, you will receive an email instructing you to confirm your schedule and enter your shipping information.
- An email notification will be sent when your order is shipped
- Your digital course materials will be delivered in Canvas.
Self-Service Password Reset
Ocean County College is making it easier than ever for you to reset your password if you ever forget it.
In order for you to use the Self-Service Password Reset feature, you will first need to register for the service. You will need to provide your mobile phone number and/or (non-ocean.edu) email address so we can verify who you are.
How to Register:
To register for Self-Service password resets, please click the following link passwordregistration.ocean.edu and log in to your account. You will be asked to enter and verify a personal email address and/or a phone number to enroll. You will need access to the personal email and/or phone during the registration process. For more detailed instructions please visit the following document (registration documentation).
How to Reset Password:
If you have enrolled for Self-Service password resets and have forgotten your Ocean Connect password you can visit passwordreset.ocean.edu to reset your password. You will need access to either the personal email or phone number you used to enroll, to receive a verification code. Once you have verified the code you will then be able to reset you password. For more detailed instructions please visit the following document (reset documentation).
OCC has 24/7 phone support for faculty, staff and students.
All faculty can stop by the Help Desk located in the IT building during business hours.
Need help changing an Ocean Connect password?
- Visit one of the Open Computer labs on campus
- Call 1-844-344-3113, during business hours.
- After hours Student Help Desk call 1-866-861-1122
Lab Hours & Locations can be found on the Student Help Links page.
Canvas Specific Helpline
This is NOT for password or Ocean specific issues.
- 1/11/2021 – 2/5/21
- 1/25/21 – 2/5/21
Deadline for 50% Refund – Term Census Date
Deadline for 100% Refund*
Holidays and No Classes
- President’s Day – 2/15/221
- Spring Break – 3/22/21 to 3/28/21
For the full academic calendar, visit https://www.ocean.edu/programs-and-courses/calendar/
Make the most of your Ocean County College experience with our new app!
The Ocean County College app puts your campus in one convenient location. Through the app, you can explore everything OCC offers; keep track of dates important to you, and access campus services and resources, all from your smartphone or tablet.
Download the app today and don’t miss an event, game, or meeting!
The Tutoring Center offers support through both synchronous and asynchronous sessions. Synchronous sessions are one-on-one with a tutor and are conducted through a web conference. Currently, all of our services have the option of synchronous sessions. For asynchronous sessions, students submit their work and await tutor feedback. Currently, only Writing Services offers asynchronous support; however, Math Services will offer asynchronous support for the Fall 2020 semester!
To learn more, visit go.ocean.edu/tutoring
Access the OCC Library from anywhere!
Studying at home? You can access certain OCC Library services from your computer, tablet, or smartphone! Our remote services allow you to browse our Digital Display Collection, find subject guides, access software for courses, and more.
Discover our remote library services below or chat with an OCC librarian!