Free Summer Tuition For Students Who Qualify
The Ocean County College Board of Trustees recognizes the importance of earning a degree or certificate at Ocean County College and has established a program to provide a tuition-free summer course as outlined below.
The tuition waiver must be used during the summer immediately following the academic year of eligibility. Successful credit completion is defined as earning a final grade of C or better. The tuition waiver will be applied at the In-County Tuition rate.
Students must complete the Commit to Complete application (PDF).
- The deadline to submit the Commit to Complete application form each year is at time of registration for the summer course.
- Must have an overall GPA of 2.00
Any full time student (full time is defined as taking 12 credits or more) who successfully completes 30 credits between the Fall and Spring semesters during one academic year will be eligible for one 3 credit Summer course tuition free. All other applicable fees must be paid by the student at time of registration.
– or –
Any part time student (part time is defined as taking 11 credits or less per term) who successfully completes 24 credits over two consecutive academic years will be eligible for one 3 credit Summer course tuition free. All other applicable fees must be paid by the student at time of registration.
- The tuition waiver must be used during one of the summer semesters of the same academic year; it is not cumulative or transferable. Students may earn up to two free summer classes over the course of their studies at OCC.
- Successful credit completion is defined as earning a final grade of C or better.
- In order to qualify for the tuition waiver, the student must register for a summer course, pay any applicable fees and complete and submit the Commit to Complete application (PDF) via email to: email@example.com. The tuition waiver will be applied by the Cashier’s Office after credits earned for the preceding academic year are verified by the Office of Registration & Records.
- The tuition waiver is applied at the In-County tuition rate.
- An Academic Year begins with the Fall semester and ends with the Summer Post semester.
The college shall apply financial aid, other than loans, sponsorship payments, and other waivers to the total tuition for the applicable summer semester. The college shall waive any remaining tuition balance.