There will be three different ways that courses will be offered for the Fall 2021 semester:
Face-to-Face (On-campus classes will meet in person at the Toms River Campus):
- In order to provide flexibility for students, equipment is being installed that may allow students the option of attending remotely. The guidelines will be established at the start of class by each faculty member.
- All CDC and NJ DOH guidelines will be enforced during the onsite meetings.
- The designated location for these sections is “Ocean County College Campus” on the schedule.
Remote (Remote courses will be conducted at scheduled days and times via Web-Ex with no in person meetings):
- Students taking Remote classes will experience the convenience of taking a class from home, while still benefitting from personal engagement and support from their professors. Students enrolled in Remote sections should be available to meet with their classes online at designated class times. In addition, Professors may tape lectures and allow students to view them at times convenient for them. Professors will hold weekly office hours over the internet during which students can have live, video, one-on-one sessions with their professor to ask questions, discuss issues, and talk about their assignments. Students will use the Canvas learning platform while enrolled in Remote classes to post their assignments.
- Sections are listed as “Remote” on the schedule.
Online (Online courses will be conducted fully online with no scheduled meeting times):
- All course material will be delivered asynchronously (see the definition below).
- Sections are indicated on the schedule by the location being listed as “Online”.
Definition: Asynchronous communication is when the communication does not take place in real-time. OCC uses the Canvas learning platform that allows the student to post their assignments, participate in discussions, and interact with their professors.
Below are answers to questions that many students may have. Click on the “+” sign to see the answers. Should you have any additional questions, please call or email the HUB: