The New Jersey Board of Nursing and National League for Nursing Accreditation Commission have approved the revised Career Mobility proposal. It will now be easier to meet the academic requirements for completing the A.A.S. Degree in Nursing at OCC.
The licensed practical nurse seeking admission to the Career Mobility Program must:
- Be a working LPN for at least six months.
- Supply official high school transcripts and any college transcripts to Registration and Records.
- Complete general education requirements with a minimum “C” grade BEFORE proceeding to Career Mobility Program. (BIOL 130, 131 or 232 must be repeated if more than 10 years old unless taken at OCC)
- Have a GPA >2.7
- Complete the college change of curriculum form indicating “Career Mobility” after general education requirements are met.
- Pass the TEAS exam
- Contact Professor Scrofine at email@example.com to set up an appointment.
- Complete the Student Health Record and Physical Exam (upon acceptance)
- Complete the criminal background check after passing the TEAS test.
- Computer competency needed NCLEX review material
- Must provide proof of Ocean County residency.
- Having a Bachelor’s Degree does not excluded a Career Mobility candidate from the completing the entrance criteria.
The student will be charged for nine credits of challenge by exam fees for the following:
- Successfully challenge the NURS 175 final exam.
You must meet with Professor Scrofine to review eligibility for sitting for the exam.
Upon successful completion of all the above criteria the students will receive the nine credits for NURS 175 (Nursing 1) and will be admitted into NURS 176 (Nursing 2) dependent upon sitting availability.
If unsuccessful, the student must apply for entry into the generic Nursing Program beginning with Nurs. 1 through the Admissions Office.
The applicant must provide to Professor Scrofine at the time of the meeting:
- a transcript that all pre-requisite generic courses were successfully completed
- a copy of a current NJ LPN license
- proof of employment as an LPN
- a copy of passing TEAS exam results
The applicant will then be given a bill for the Credits by Challenge Exam ($1000.00) which must be paid prior to the time of the exam. The paid receipt can be given to Professor Scrofine at the time of the exam.
Successful completion of the Credit by Challenge Exam results in the applicant’s ability to enroll in NURS. 176 (Nursing 2) in the spring semester based upon seating availability in either on site on line (most likely) or traditional.
If you have any further questions, please contact the School of Nursing and Health Sciences at 732.255.0393.
Prospective students should direct questions to the Registration and Records Office or Academic Advising 732.255.0400.
View TEAS Information(TEAS testing may only be done at OCC)
honors by contract
A wide range of courses are available for students to participate in OCC’s “Honors by Contract” Program!
Have you already applied for this degree?
Current students are encouraged to use course maps, along with their Student Planning Degree Audit (My Progress Screen), to help make educated, accurate choices when selecting courses.