This exercise certificate program is designed to prepare students for entry level positions in the ever-growing area of personal conditioning and wellness as determined by current science and technology. Students may apply credits earned in the certificate program toward an associate degree.
- ENGL151 English I (3 cr)
- HEHP160 First Aid/CPR/AED for the Workplace, Schools and the Community (3 cr)
- HEHP188 Introduction to Nutrition (3 cr)
- HEHP238 Management and Rehabilitation of Athletic Injuries (3 cr)
- HEHP239 Strength and Conditioning Physiology (3 cr)
- HEHP240 Exercise Physiology (3 cr)
- HEHP252 Nutrition for Fitness and Sport (3 cr)
1 of the following 2 Biology courses is required:
1 of the following 2 Health courses is required:
- HEHP Activity Electives (4 cr): HEHP 100 Aerobic Conditioning (1 cr) HEHP 101 Weight Training (1 cr) HEHP 102 Volleyball (1 cr) HEHP 109 Tennis (1 cr) HEHP 150 Swimming I (1 cr) HEHP 151 Swimming II (1 cr) HEHP 172 International Folk Dance I (1 cr) HEHP 173 International Folk Dance II (1 cr) HEHP 210 Karate I (2 cr) HEHP 211 Karate II (2 cr)
Official* 2017-2018 Catalog
Our interactive catalog is updated throughout the year.
*Course requirements for degrees can and do change over time. Students are responsible for fulfilling the degree requirements that are in effect when they begin pursuing the degree at the college.
New programs are continuously under development.
We offer a wide variety of student clubs and organizations to suit the diverse needs, interests and backgrounds of our students.