The Legal Secretary Certificate of Proficiency will prepare students to work in law offices and other related business settings.
Legal secretaries prepare legal correspondence and documents to assist lawyers in handiling all administrative duties within law offices. Courses in this program will provide a background for these responsibilities.
- ACCT 121 Fundamentals of Accounting (3 Credits)
- BUSN 151 Human Resource Management (3 Credits)
- BUSN 170 Small Business Management (3 Credits)
- BUSN 210 Business Communications (3 Credits)
- BUSN 251 Business Law I (3 Credits)
- BUSN 252 Business Law II (3 Credits)
- BUSN 267 Real Estate Law (3 Credits)
- CSIT123 Integrated Office Software (3 Credits)
- ENGL 151 English I (3 Credits)
- INFO 110 Library Research Skills (3 Credits)
- LAAW 203 Law Office Management (3 Credits)
For more information
CAREERS IN LEGAL SECRETARY
Have you already applied for this degree?
Current students are encouraged to use curriculum guides, along with their Student Planning Degree Audit (My Progress Screen), to help make educated, accurate choices when selecting courses.
honors by contract
A wide range of courses are available for students to participate in OCC’s “Honors by Contract” Program!
Official* 2017-2018 Catalog
Our interactive catalog is updated throughout the year.
*Course requirements for degrees can and do change over time. Students are responsible for fulfilling the degree requirements that are in effect when they begin pursuing the degree at the college.