The Bureau of Labor Statistics, US Department of Labor projects that the need for qualified Medical Assistants will grow by 29% between now and 2026, stating that this is much faster than the average for all other occupations.
Our Medical Assistant Program prepares you for a career in medical assisting where you perform administrative & clinical tasks supervised by a physician, other health practitioner, or office manager.
Course Code: CEHS-305
Learn how you may be eligible for up to $2500 toward the CCMA tuition through the H. Hovnanian Foundation School of Nursing and Health Science Grant.
- Obtain vital signs, including blood pressure using aneroid BP cuffs
- Administer injectable medications
- Assist the collection of laboratory specimens using phlebotomy techniques
- Assist with the primary physical exam & other specialty exams
- Prepare patients for minor surgical procedures, and providing patient education
- Coordinating & scheduling patient appointments
- Receiving & processing patients in the office
- Preparing & maintaining patient records
You are eligible to sit for 3 national certifications through the National Healthcareer Association NHA:
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant CCMA $155
- Certified EKG Technician CET $117
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician CPT $117
Tuition does not include exam costs, which are subject to change without notice. In addition, you will receive 8 hours of training and become certified in Mental Health First Aid by the National Council for Behavioral Health.
Required: 100% Externship Attendance, Signed Acknowledgement of Risk & Responsibility, Health Insurance & Waiver, clear criminal background check, HS diploma/HSED.
Not Included in Tuition, but Required: Physical exam, immunizations document, 2-step PPD, Hepatitis B series proof; Student Liability Insurance; Scrubs; Stethoscope; Textbooks.
The red, white, & blue ribbon distinguishes this program as a Department of Veterans Affairs approved Veterans’ Educational Benefits program.