Our Medical Billing & Coding Specialist course includes a study guide, review, and preparation for these NHA Certification Exams, and 24 hours of job shadowing in a physician’s office. You may choose to sit for some or all exams for an additional cost. Tuition does not include exam costs, which are subject to change without notice. Optional fees: Certified Billing & Coding Specialist CBCS $117, Certified Medical Administration Assistant CMAA $117, and Certified Electronic Health Record Specialist CEHRS $117.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics, US Department of Labor projects that the need for qualified Certified Billing & Coding Specialist CBCS will grow by 13% between now and 2026. Health Information Technicians, organize and manage health information data to ensure quality, accuracy, accessibility, and security in both paper and electronic systems.
Employment opportunities include:
- Healthcare & Managed Care Facilities
- Hospital Medical Records/Unit Clerk/Intake Specialist/Outpatient Clerk
- Insurance & Medical Billing Companies
- Medical Office Administrative Assistant
- Physicians’ Offices
As a Certified Billing & Coding Specialist CBCS, you perform the following:
- Assign codes for diagnoses & procedures
- Coach healthcare providers to achieve optimal reimbursement
- Gather/review essential patient information
- Prevent fraud/abuse by auditing billing
- Submit claims for reimbursement
- Support coding & billing processes
Training Certificates from OCC
- Medical Billing & Coding Specialist Certificate
- HIPAA Certification
Training Certificates from National Healthcareer Association NHA
- Certified Billing & Coding Specialist CBCS
- Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist CEHRS
- Certified Medical Administration Assistant CMAA
The red, white, & blue ribbon distinguishes this program as a Department of Veterans Affairs approved Veterans’ Educational Benefits program.