Ocean County College is dedicated to helping students succeed in their online classrooms. The e-Learning Department offers students a variety of resources to help students in their online studies.This page provides students tools and resources for using Canvas LMS and various course integrated software, along with helpful OCC guidelines/policies.
Questions about classes, financial aid, or registration?
Contact the The HUB at HUB@ocean.edu or 732-255-0482.
Attendance is crucial to the success of a course that is taught online. You will be required to log on several times a week. However daily activity online will only benefit the student. Attendance and participation are closely related in the courses. Your interaction with your fellow learners is crucial to successfully complete any course.
- Read the Attendance Policy to learn more.
- Access the Academic Calendar for term dates.
Ocean County College strives to foster a positive, educational environment characterized by considerate and principled conduct. Each member of the college community shares a part to create this experience for their fellow community member. In order to achieve this goal, OCC developed a set of guidelines for its community members to follow.
- Visit the Campus Civility Page to learn more.
Depending on which integrated software / textbook your course utilizes, you may need support from one of the following third-party vendors:
- Cengage (MindTap, Cengagebrain, Aplia, OWL, SAM, WebAssign, CenageNow)
- McGraw-Hill (Connect)
- Pearson (Revel, MyLabs, MyFoundationsLab)
- Rosetta Stone
To obtain a copy of your course syllabus you can:
- Visit the Official Course Description Documents page to download your course syllabus.
If further information is being requested that is not present on the Official Course Description Document, please contact the appropriate office below:
- For Face-to-Face courses, please contact the HUB at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For online courses with section numbers ending in “DL” (Example: ENGL-151-DL) please complete and submit the Online Syllabus Request Form. This form is only for distance learning courses with sections ending in “DL.”
Please allow 2-3 business days for your request to be processed. Thank you!
OCC utilizes the Canvas LMS exclusively for all of its face-to-face and online courses. If you are experiencing issues with Canvas, review the following links to campus and external resources:
- Access the Help icon in your Canvas course
- Call the 24/7 Canvas Hotline: 1-877-940-0472
- Check the OCC Canvas Orientation Page
- Check your browser compatibility on the Browser and Computer Requirements page.
Tutoring is available online accessible from your Canvas course menu. You will have an initial two-hour block of time which you can always add more. Additional resources available to you are the OCC Counseling Center and Library.
- Click the “SmartThinking” icon in Canvas for tutoring.
- Face-to-Face tutoring is available on campus. Visit the Tutoring Page to learn more.
- Research assistance is also available at the library. Visit the Library Page to learn more.
OCC has a strict academic dishonesty policy to maintain the integrity of the courses and degree programs. Students are expected to follow this policy for all assignments, discussions, exercises, and exams in both face-to-face and online classes.
- Read the Academic Dishonesty Policy to learn more.
- Please access the Responding to Academic Integrity Violations document for information on the steps you should follow if your online professor says that your paper contains plagiarism.