Testing & Retest Information
View the Workforce and Professional Education (WPE) catalog for course schedules and availability.
- Initial test: First time – Students can purchase the TEAS test study guide from ATI
- *Retest 1: Students are required to enroll in (and complete) the TEAS Prep course prior to taking the test a second time. (*Students who took the TEAS Prep course prior to their first test are not required to repeat that course prior to retesting, but may choose to do so at their own expense).
- Retest 2: Students have a mandatory six-week waiting period prior to taking the test for the third time.
(There is a mandatory two-year waiting period for students to test again if they fail three (3) times. This includes testing which may have occurred at other testing sites for all program types).
The OCC School of Nursing will only accept TEAS scores for tests taken at OCC or through the ATI Remote Proctor. OCC does not accept TEAS scores taken at other testing facilities.
A passing score is based on the student cut score set by the School of Nursing and Health Sciences and can be changed without notification.
The TEAS score is viewed on a pass/fail basis for purposes of the nursing admission waitlist. Repeat testing to earn a higher score will not impact the student’s standing.
It is the responsibility of the Testing Center to ensure all students adhere to these testing timelines.
Appointments & Scheduling
The Testing Center offers TEAS tests on campus every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 9:00 AM. We have 5 seats available for each of these days and times. (Space limitations, computer availability and TEAS administration processes prevent us from expanding our TEAS testing schedule at this time).
The Testing Center reserves the right to change this schedule at any time in order to best meet the needs of the entire college community.
The current fee for the test on-campus is $108.50, payable at the time of test registration by credit or debit card.
TEAS testing on campus is by appointment only.
- Schedule your on-campus appointment and pay for your test at: go.ocean.edu/test.
- Appointments to test on campus and any changes to these appointments must be made at least 48 hours in advance of the desired appointment date.
- We cannot accept walk-ins for TEAS tests.
- We cannot offer standby appointments.
- Students who require extra testing time or any other testing accommodation in connection with documented Accommodation Plans at OCC must contact Jamie Prioli, Adaptive Services Specialist, ext. 2465, at least 5 days prior to their desired test date.
We do not have the capacity to keep a waiting list, and we cannot call students to notify them about openings as a result of cancellations.
- Students are welcome to check online for cancellations.
- Students are welcome to call us to check for cancellations.
- We will do our best to return all phone calls within our normal 24-hour/next business day policy.
The Testing Center will verify the following information on test day:
- The examinee is in the system as an OCC student and verifies OCC ID
- A valid photo ID is required (current driver’s license, current and signed U.S. Passport, current OCC Student ID, current Military photo ID).
- The student’s testing status: first time or retest (check for any prior scores).
- Completion of TEAS Prep course for your second attempt (first retest).
- Completion of TEAS Prep course and the six-week mandatory waiting period for your third attempt (second retest).
- Verify the two-year waiting period is fulfilled before scheduling any students who have already tested three times.
If we find that any of these requirements not are met, we will not administer your test, and you will forfeit your test administration fee.
Please note: Because of space limitations, the Testing Center cannot guarantee that we will be able to schedule everyone in time to meet application deadlines which may be imposed by the School of Nursing, especially for dates closest to those deadlines. All we can do is offer the next available appointment. Students will be referred to the School of Nursing for additional information.