The purpose of the Viking Cheerleaders is:
- To raise spirit on campus
- Help our members maintain and develop cheerleading skills
- Represent the College at public and school events
- Support our athletic teams
- Support the community
Responsibilities of Membership
- All Team practices are mandatory.
- Attendance at all Team activities is mandatory.
- Attendance at scheduled meetings is mandatory.
We participate in on and off campus events such as:
- Toms River Halloween Parade
- Home Basketball Games – Spirit Squad
- OCC TV
- Competitions and exhibitions
In an effort to accommodate the largest membership possible, the Viking Cheerleaders will be comprised of multiple “Teams”. Each Team will require a different level of commitment. The Teams will support the goals of the Viking Cheerleaders and elect a Team Captain as the leader or representative of the Team. The different Teams may require a skill tryout and/or a physical exam to gain membership.