Congratulations Class of 2023!
Caps and gowns are provided to our graduates at no charge based on the generous support of the Ocean County College Alumni Department.
We welcome the class of 2023 to our alumni community!
Commencement Week Ceremonies Dates:
Nurses’ Pinning Ceremony
Tuesday, May 23
Wednesday, May 24
Thursday, May 25
- Students must apply for graduation to receive a degree from OCC. The graduation application is available through Student Planning. Please login to your Ocean Connect account and click on Student Planning. Go to the Home page and select Graduation Overview.
- Students should submit an Application for Graduation after registering for their final semester of courses at OCC.
- Students approaching graduation should contact the Advising Office to request a graduation audit. Email firstname.lastname@example.org after you register for your final semester, and let us know when you plan to graduate. An advisor will check your coursework and confirm if you have registered for all of your remaining requirements.
The deadlines to apply for graduation are:
- Fall Completion: November 1
- Spring Completion: March 1
- Summer Completion: July 1
*If the deadline date falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline date will be the next business day.
- Deadlines for applications are firm.
- Please submit your Application for Graduation before or no later than the deadline.
- Anyone applying after the stated deadline will automatically be placed into the next semester’s graduation.
- The best time to submit your Application for Graduation is right after registering for your final semester.
ALL STUDENTS – The Lampitt Law regulates the transfer of courses from NJ county colleges to 4-year NJ state schools for students earning an AA or AS degree. You will receive a notation of graduation status on your permanent transcript and the ability to include this degree on your resume.
NURSING STUDENTS – Graduation is required for you to take the NCLEX exam to obtain a nursing license. Questions can be directed to the Nursing Department at 732.255.0400 Ext. 395.
- Students may contact the Advising and Transfer Services Office at 732.255.0300 for assistance with a degree audit or to discuss their graduation status.
Diplomas will be mailed to students to the address on file with the college. The college is not responsible for diplomas lost in the mail (usually due to a student moving and not providing the college with an updated address). The college cannot reprint diplomas, so please make sure your address is correct.
- Fall completion – Diplomas will be mailed in mid-March
- Spring completion – Diplomas will be mailed in mid-July
- Summer completion graduates – Diplomas will be mailed in mid-October
Certificate Of Completion & Certificate of Proficiency
Students applying for a Certificate must complete and submit their application at the Office of Registration & Records.
Date & Time of Commencement Ceremony
- Thursday, May 25, 2023, at 6 p.m. in the Gateway Mall
- Graduates must arrive at OCC by 5 p.m. Recommended parking is Lot #3
- Graduates will assemble outside the Hovnanian Health Sciences Building (#102). Graduates who arrive late will enter the procession at the end of the line.
- There is no rehearsal. Please arrive on time so you will know what to do for the ceremony.
- Guests must arrive by 5 p.m. but no earlier than 4:30 p.m.
- Guests are not permitted to save seats.
- Strict Security Regulations will be followed. ALL umbrellas, backpacks, and large bags are prohibited from campus during the Commencement Ceremony. All other bags will be subject to search. Approved and prohibited items.
- In the event of severe weather conditions, the Commencement Ceremony will be moved to Friday, May 26, 2023, at 10 a.m.
- The decision to move the ceremony will be made by noon on Thursday, May 25, and will be announced on the College website (ocean.edu) and Ocean TV20.
Nurses’ Pinning Ceremony
- The decision to move the Nurses’ Pinning Ceremony will be made by noon on Tuesday, May 23, and will be announced on the College website (ocean.edu) and Ocean TV20.
- Students only will report to the Grunin Center Theatre on Tuesday, May 23, for the 5:00 p.m. ceremony. A link to the Nurses’ Pinning Ceremony live stream will be posted on the College website (ocean.edu)
- Island Photography is our official Commencement Photographer for 2023.
- They will provide professional photo coverage for every graduate as they are recognized during the ceremony.
- Proofs will be delivered via email within 48-72 hours after the ceremony.
- Please contact their customer service team at email@example.com or 800-869-0908 if you have any concerns or questions.
- Family and friends may take pictures at the ceremony from their seats.
Special Regalia Items
Special Regalia item pick up:
- Honor Societies
Pick up at Student Center – Information Desk (first floor)
Week of Commencement
Monday – Wednesday
9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Special Regalia items include:
- Students with a final grade point average of 3.5 or higher are eligible for gold tassels.
- Honors by Contract students who complete the program are eligible for a tassel and stole.
- NJStars students are eligible to receive a pin.
- Veterans are eligible to receive a cord.
- Psi Beta, Psychology Honor Society members are eligible to receive a cord.
- Sigma Kappa Delta, English Honor Society members, are eligible to receive a pin.
Please contact Student Life at 732-255-0348 with any questions about special regalia items.
- A section of Parking Lot 4 is designated for Handicapped Parking on a first-come, first-served basis. A state-issued Handicapped Parking Pass is required.
- Students participating in the Commencement Ceremony who require special accommodations should contact Student Life at firstname.lastname@example.org at least three days before the ceremony.
Ocean County College’s ceremonies will be broadcast live on Ocean.edu and Ocean TV 20 via Comcast Channel 20 and Verizon FiOS of Northern Ocean County Channel 24.
2023 Commencement Broadcast Schedule
- Tuesday, May 23rd – 5:00 pm – LIVE
- Wednesday, May 24th – 11:00 am
- Wednesday, May 24th – 7:30 pm
- Thursday, May 25th – 10:00 pm
- Friday, May 26th – 9:00 pm
- Saturday, May 27th – 9:00 pm
- Sunday, May 28th – 7:00 pm
- Monday, May 29th – 7:30 pm
- Wednesday, May 24th – 6:00 pm – LIVE
- Thursday, May 25th – 11:00 am
- Thursday, May 25th – 11:00 pm
- Friday, May 26th – 10:00 pm
- Saturday, May 27th – 10:00 pm
- Sunday, May 28th – 8:00 pm
- Monday, May 29th – 8:30 pm
- Thursday, May 25th – 6:00 pm – LIVE
- Friday, May 26th – 11:00 am
- Friday, May 26th – 7:00 pm
- Saturday, May 27th – 7:00 pm
- Sunday, May 28th – 9:00 pm
- Monday, May 29th – 9:30 pm