- Ocean County College has entered into an articulation agreement with Franklin University, Columbus, Ohio, which is an accredited online bachelor’s degree business university.
- Most programs at Franklin University will accept the entire associate degree from Ocean County College and up to 20-24 additional OCC credits.
- Franklin University offers the following BS degree programs online: Accounting; Applied Management; Business Administration; Computer Science; Digital Communication; Health Care Management; Information Technology; Management; Management Information Sciences; and Public Safety Management. Franklin University offers financial aid for eligible students.
- Flexible online learning options
- Generous credit transfer for military experience.
Franklin’s undergraduate programs give you the skills to become highly valued by employers. Flexible course options are the best choice for today’s busy, working professionals.
Student Transfer Requirements
- Credit will be accepted for any college course completed with a grade of “D” or higher, including grades of “Pass” and examination credit, subject to GPA and course requirements pertaining to one’s major program. “D” grades are not permitted in major area courses regardless of where the course is taken.
- You must meet Franklin University’s residency requirements. For a bachelor’s degree you must earn at least 40 of the last 54 credit hours in residence at Franklin University to be eligible. For an associate’s degree you must earn at least 15 of the last 22 credit hours and 30 credit hours overall in residence at Franklin to be eligible.
- In addition, when pursuing both bachelor’s and associate’s degrees, you must successfully complete in residence at Franklin University a minimum of 20 credit hours of major area courses at the 300 or 400 level for the bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 12 credit hours of major area courses at the 200 level or above for the associate’s degree.
- If you are pursuing a subsequent bachelor’s degree, you must earn a minimum of 30 credit hours at the 200 level or above, of which a minimum of 16 credit hours must be major area courses at the 300 or 400 level. Credit hours of major area courses at the 300 or 400 level for the bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 12 credit hours of major area courses at the 200 level or above for the associate’s degree.
- Courses considered upper level at Franklin University will not normally be applied from two-year colleges toward a bachelor’s degree.
- The Franklin University Undergraduate Scholars Program (USA)
A competitive scholarship program for Franklin undergraduate students. Scholarship recipients are selected based on prior academic achievement and quality of essay. Scholarships range from $200 to $2,500 each and are non-renewable.
- Traditional in-class semesters – Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
- Online courses
Transcript Request – Allows you to send your Official Ocean County College transcripts
Application for Graduation (PDF) – Student must apply to graduate from OCC in the semester prior to their final semester
Transfer College Evaluation Form (PDF) – Helpful in obtaining important information when you are visiting a four-year transfer institution
Transfer College Chart (PDF)– A quick way to review what information you still need to submit with an application