54th Annual Commencement Ceremony
Ocean County College honors its graduates and applauds their achievements with a Commencement Ceremony. The following commencement week ceremonies are scheduled to be held on the Gateway Building mall:
- Nursing Pinning Ceremony – Tuesday, May 25 at 5 p.m.
- Awards Ceremony – Wednesday, May 26 at 5 p.m.
- Commencement Ceremony – Thursday, May 27 – There will be two ceremonies:
- Graduates with last names starting with A-L will attend a 10 a.m. ceremony
- Graduates with last names starting with M-Z will attend a 2 p.m. ceremony.
Students will be strictly limited to two guests per event due to COVID-19 event guidelines and restrictions. The events will be streamed live for the enjoyment of additional family and friends.
Each ceremony will be conducted with the proper risk mitigation measures to ensure the safety of our graduates and guests.
Applying for Graduation
- Students must apply for graduation in order to receive a degree from OCC. An online graduation application is available through Student Planning. Please login to your Ocean Connect account and click on Student Planning. Go to the Home page and select Graduation Overview.
- Students should submit an Application for Graduation after they have registered for their final semester of courses at OCC.
- Students approaching graduation should contact the Advising Office to request a graduation audit. Email email@example.com after you register for your final semester, and let us know when you are planning to graduate. An advisor will check your coursework and confirm if you have registered for all of your remaining requirements.
The deadlines to apply for graduation are:
- Fall Completion: November 1
- Spring Completion: March 1
- Summer Completion: July 1
*If the deadline date falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline date will be the next business day.
- Deadlines for applications are firm.
- Please submit your Application for Graduation prior to or no later than the deadline date.
- Anyone applying after the stated deadline will automatically be placed into the next semester’s graduation.
- The best time to submit your Application for Graduation is right after you have registered for your final semester.
ALL STUDENTS – The Lampitt Law regulates the transfer of courses from NJ county colleges to 4-year NJ state schools for students earning an AA or AS degree. You will receive notation of graduation status on your permanent transcript and the ability to include this degree on your resume.
NURSING STUDENTS – Graduation is required for you to take the NCLEX exam to obtain a nursing license. Questions can be directed to the Nursing Department at 732.255.0400 Ext. 395.
Students may contact the Advising and Transfer Services Office at 732.255.0300 for assistance with a degree audit or to discuss their graduation status.
Diplomas will be mailed to students to the address on file with the college. The college is not responsible for diplomas lost in the mail (usually due to a student moving and not providing the college with an updated address). The college cannot reprint diplomas, so please make sure your address is correct.
- Fall completion – Diplomas will be mailed mid-March
- Spring completion – Diplomas will be mailed mid-July
- Summer completion graduates – Diplomas will be mailed mid-October
Certificate Of Completion & Certificate of Proficiency
Students applying for a Certificate must complete and submit their application at the Office of Registration & Records.
If you are transferring to another school, and need your transcripts to reflect your status as a graduate, please note this information will not automatically appear on a transcript until approximately two weeks after the graduation date.