53rd Annual Commencement Ceremony
Ocean County College honors its graduates and applauds their achievements with a Virtual Commencement Ceremony. Like most colleges and universities across the country, Ocean County College was unable to hold its traditional Commencement Ceremony, but our graduates will not go unrecognized.
We celebrate the achievements of our students with the following virtual ceremonies, available for viewing at oceancc.stageclip.com
- Virtual Nurses Pinning Ceremony
- Virtual Awards Ceremony View Program
- Virtual Commencement Ceremony View Program
Applying for Graduation
- Students must apply for graduation in order to receive a degree from OCC. An Application for Graduation may be brought to the Office of Registration & Records or the HUB, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to the Registration and Records department.
- Students should submit an Application for Graduation after they have registered for their final semester of courses at OCC.
The deadlines to apply for graduation are:
- Fall Completion: November 1
- Spring Completion: March 1
- Summer Completion: July 1
*If the deadline date falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline date will be the next business day.
- Deadlines for applications are firm.
- Please submit your Application for Graduation prior to or no later than the deadline date.
- Anyone applying after the stated deadline will automatically be placed into the next semester’s graduation.
- The best time to submit your Application for Graduation is right after you have registered for your final semester.
ALL STUDENTS – The Lampitt Law regulates the transfer of courses from NJ county colleges to 4-year NJ state schools for students earning an AA or AS degree. You will receive notation of graduation status on your permanent transcript and the ability to include this degree on your resume.
NURSING STUDENTS – Graduation is required for you to take the NCLEX exam to obtain a nursing license. Questions can be directed to the Nursing Department at 732.255.0400 Ext. 395.
Students may contact the Advising and Transfer Services Office at 732.255.0300 for assistance with a degree audit or to discuss their graduation status.
Diplomas will be mailed to students to the address on file with the college. The college is not responsible for diplomas lost in the mail (usually due to a student moving and not providing the college with an updated address). The college cannot reprint diplomas, so please make sure your address is correct.
- Fall completion – Diplomas will be mailed mid-March
- Spring completion – Diplomas will be mailed mid-July
- Summer completion graduates – Diplomas will be mailed mid-October
Certificate Of Completion & Certificate of Proficiency
Students applying for a Certificate must complete and submit their application at the Office of Registration & Records.
If you are transferring to another school, and need your transcripts to reflect your status as a graduate, please note this information will not automatically appear on a transcript until approximately two weeks after the graduation date.