53rd Annual Commencement Ceremony
Ocean County College’s 53rd Annual Commencement Ceremony will take place on Thursday, May 21, 2020.
Commencement Week Events & Broadcast Schedules
Ocean County College’s 53rd Annual Commencement Ceremony, 53rd Annual Awards Ceremony, 52nd Nurses’ Pinning Ceremony, and Veterans Memorial Ceremony will be broadcast on Ocean TV 20 via Comcast Channel 20 and Verizon FiOS of Northern Ocean County Channel 24.
- Nurses’ Pinning Ceremony: Tuesday, May 19 at 7 p.m , Grunin Center Theatre
Television schedule: May 19, 7 p.m.;May 21, 7 p.m. (Live); May 22, 12 midnight; May 23, 8 p.m.; May 25, 9 p.m.; May 26 and May 27, 3 p.m. The 51st Nurses’ Pinning Ceremony Photograph Album.
- 53rd Annual Awards Ceremony: Wednesday, May 20 at 7 p.m., Grunin Center Theatre
Television schedule: May 20, 7 p.m. (Live); May 23, 12 midnight; May 24, 8 p.m.; May 25, 10 p.m.; May 26 and May 27, 4 p.m.
- Veterans Memorial Ceremony: Thursday, May 21 at 3 p.m.,
Television schedule: May 21, 12 noon and 9 p.m.; May 26, 7 p.m.; May 27, 7 p.m.
- 53rd Annual Commencement Ceremony: Thursday, May 21, Gateway Building Lawn
Television schedule: May 21; May 24 and May 25, 7 p.m.; May 26 and May 27, 5 p.m. View the 2019 Commencement Program.
Applying for Graduation
- Students must apply for graduation (PDF) in order to receive a degree from OCC. An Application for Graduation must be brought to the Office of Registration & Records or the HUB.
- Students should submit an Application for Graduation after they have registered for their final semester of courses at OCC.
The deadlines to apply for graduation are:
- Fall Completion: November 1
- Spring Completion: March 1
- Summer Completion: July 1
*If the deadline date falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline date will be the next business day.
- Deadlines for applications are firm.
- Please submit your Application for Graduation prior to or no later than the deadline date.
- Anyone applying after the stated deadline will automatically be placed into the next semester’s graduation.
- The best time to submit your Application for Graduation is right after you have registered for your final semester.
ALL STUDENTS – The Lampitt Law regulates the transfer of courses from NJ county colleges to 4-year NJ state schools for students earning an AA or AS degree. You will receive notation of graduation status on your permanent transcript and the ability to include this degree on your resume.
NURSING STUDENTS – Graduation is required for you to take the NCLEX exam to obtain a nursing license. Questions can be directed to the Nursing Department at 732.255.0400 Ext. 395.
Students may visit the Academic Advising Center for a degree audit to discuss their graduation status.
Graduation applications must be returned in person to the Office of Registration & Records or the HUB. Students planning to participate in the Commencement Ceremony will place their cap and gown orders online through the Herff Jones website where they can be purchased for $65.00. The deadline to purchase your cap and gown online is March 31, 2020. Students must bring a copy of their online order confirmation to the bookstore during the cap and gowns pick up times. If you miss the deadline to order your cap and gown online, you can purchase these items directly from the bookstore while supplies last.
Diplomas will be mailed to students to the address on file with the college. The college is not responsible for diplomas lost in the mail (usually due to student moving and not providing the college with an updated address). The college cannot reprint diplomas, so please make sure your address is correct.
- Fall completion – Diplomas will be mailed mid-March
- Spring completion – Diplomas will be mailed mid-July
- Summer completion graduates – Diplomas will be mailed mid-October
Certificate Of Completion & Certificate of Proficiency
Students applying for a Certificate must complete and submit their application at the Office of Registration & Records.
Class of 2020! Order Your Commencement T-Shirt!
Purchase your commemorative Commencement T-Shirt listing your own name and your fellow graduates.
If you are transferring to another school, and need your transcripts to reflect your status as a graduate, please note this information will not automatically appear on a transcript until approximately two weeks after the graduation date. Click here for information on obtaining your transcript.
Inclement Weather Provision
- In the event of severe weather conditions, Commencement will be moved to Friday, May 22, 2020 at 10:00 a.m.
- The decision to move the ceremony will be made by 12:00 noon on Thursday, May 21, 2020 and will be announced on the College website, Ocean TV20, or by calling 732.255.0400 for a recorded message.
- In the unlikelihood of inclement weather on Friday, May 22, 2020, the Commencement Ceremony will be canceled. Students will report directly to the Gymnasium where pictures will be taken as graduates receive congratulations.