51st Annual Commencement Ceremony
Ocean County College’s 51st Annual Commencement Ceremony took place on Thursday, May 24, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.
Commencement Week Events & Broadcast Schedules
Ocean County College’s 51st Annual Commencement Ceremony, 51st Annual Awards Ceremony, 50th Nurses’ Pinning Ceremony, and Veterans Memorial Ceremony was broadcast on Ocean TV 20 via Comcast Channel 20 and Verizon FiOS of Northern Ocean County Channel 24.
50th Nurses’ Pinning Ceremony: Tuesday, May 22 at 7 p.m , Grunin Center Theatre
Broadcasted on May 22, 7 p.m. (Live); May 23, 12 midnight; May 24, 8 p.m.; May 26, 9 p.m.; May 27 and May 28, 3 p.m.
51st Annual Awards Ceremony: Wednesday, May 23 at 7 p.m., Grunin Center Theatre
Broadcasted on May 23, 7 p.m. (Live); May 24, 12 midnight; May 25, 8 p.m.; May 26, 10 p.m.; May 27 and May 28, 4 p.m.
Veterans Memorial Ceremony: Thursday, May 24 at 3 p.m., Campus Mall
Broadcasted on May 25, 12 noon and 9 p.m.; May 27, 7 p.m.; May 28, 7 p.m.
51st Annual Commencement Ceremony: Thursday, May 24 at 6 p.m., Campus Mall
Broadcasted on May 24, 6 p.m. (Live); May 25, 12 midnight and 8 p.m.; May 26, 7 p.m.; May 27 and May 28, 5 p.m.
Applying for Graduation
- Students must apply for graduation (PDF) in order to receive a degree from OCC. An Application for Graduation must be brought to the office of Registration & Records or the HUB.
- Students should submit an Application for Graduation after they have registered for their final semester of courses at OCC.
The deadlines to apply for graduation are:
- Fall Completion: November 1
- Spring Completion: March 1
- Summer Completion: July 1
*If the deadline date falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline date will be the next business day.
- Deadlines for applications are firm.
- Please submit your Application for Graduation prior to or no later than the deadline date.
- Anyone applying after the stated deadline will automatically be placed into the next semester’s graduation.
- The best time to submit your Application for Graduation is right after you have registered for your final semester.
ALL STUDENTS – The Lampitt Law regulates the transfer of courses from NJ county colleges to 4-year NJ state schools for students earning an AA or AS degree. You will receive notation of graduation status on your permanent transcript and the ability to include this degree on your resume.
NURSING STUDENTS – Graduation is required for you to take the NCLEX exam to obtain a nursing license. Questions can be directed to the Nursing Department at 732.255.0400, Ext. 395.
Students may visit the Academic Advising Center for a degree audit to discuss their graduation status.
Graduation applications must be returned, in person, to the Registration & Records Office or the HUB. Students who plan to participate in the Commencement Ceremony can place their cap and gown orders online through the Herff Jones websitewhere they can be purchased for $65.00. The deadline to purchase your cap and gown online is March 31, 2018. Students should bring a copy of their online order confirmation, to the bookstore where the gowns and caps can be picked up. If you missed the deadline to order your cap and gown online, you may purchase these items directly from the bookstore while supplies last.
Diplomas can be picked up at the Registration and Records Office:
- FALL 2017 completion graduates – Diplomas available starting March 12, 2018.
- SPRING 2018 completion graduates – Diplomas available starting July 23, 2018.
- SUMMER 2018 completion graduates – Diplomas available starting October 22, 2018.
IDENTIFICATION IS REQUIRED TO PICK UP A DIPLOMA.
Students who live out of the area can submit a request for their diplomas to be mailed by completing the Permission to Mail Diploma Form (PDF).
Certificate Of Completion & Certificate of Proficiency
Students applying for a Certificate should come to the Registration & Records Office to complete and submit their application.
Class of 2018! Order Your Commencement T-Shirt!
Purchase your commemorative Commencement T-Shirt listing your own name and your fellow graduates.
If you are transferring to another school, and need your transcripts to reflect your status as a graduate, please note this information will not automatically appear on a transcript until approximately two weeks after the graduation date. Click here for information on obtaining your transcript.
Inclement Weather Provision
- In the event of severe weather conditions, Commencement will be moved to Friday, May 25, 2018 at 10:00 a.m.
- The decision to move the ceremony will be made by 12:00 noon on Thursday, May 24, 2018 and will be announced on the College website (legacy.ocean.edu), Ocean TV20, or by calling 732.255.0400 for a recorded message.
- In the unlikelihood of inclement weather on Friday, May 25, 2018 the Commencement Ceremony will be canceled. Students will report directly to the Gymnasium where pictures will be taken as graduates receive congratulations.